Down and out~

Well… went down today… was turning left at a T, and a car ran straight through the red… of course, i did my best to get out of the way (accelerate and try to widen my curve - brakes weren’t an option)… she clipped my tail and spun me around, obviously i ended up off the bike…

had a witness, but he left before i managed to get his number… and the people at the school across the road didn’t want to get involved being witnesses… we know where the guy works, so if we NEED to find him, we can… though my wife told the stupid driver that we had found him and had his number if need be…

the cops took a while to show up… and it took ages just to get through all their paperwork… and i’m sitting there with my foot feeling like it’s broken… the woman claims that she didn’t see the traffic light… now did she have any idea of how fast she was driving… in other words, she wasn’t paying attention to the road at all…

bike is definately out of action for a while… fuel was spilling onto the road, so there must be something there… woman should be paying for it all as it was her fault, and if not i’ll take her to court and find that witness…

as for me… pretty much ok~ some pain still in my foot, but nothing broken according to the doctors…

Ice the foot; get an xray and receipts; get the bike to the shop and give the bills to the moron.

Glad to hear you’re not dead. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that, x08. Glad you’re not worse though.

Yup. Get a record of everything and stick her with the bills, including loss of earnings, etc.

done, done and done…

had two foreign girls stop to see if i was ok and needed any help - thanks to them if they read this…

hospital bill doesn’t bother me… it was only 800ish NT… it’s the fix-the-bike bill i want them to pay for… so hopefully next time plasma and puma see me, that dent will be out of the tank :bravo: perhaps my exhaust is broken inside too and requires a replacement… :wink:

For sure. I heard those Hornets bust up their camshafts from the slightest bump, too. Those things aren’t cheap.

Do shift the hopsital bill as well, it is proof you went and may help when all else is being considered.

Good you’re still with us.

HG.

HG wrote [quote]Do shift the hopsital bill as well,[/quote]
Shift? What are you blathering about you Austalian of Irish descent you?

Shift? What are you blathering about you Austalian of Irish descent you?[/quote]damn furriners…

prolly will… but what i mean is that it’s pittance compared to the bill for my bike… still waiting for a quote… both pegs were snapped off, so there’s clearly damage on both sides…

That sucks dude, but glad you didn’t get hurt more than you did…I hate how the rozzers just have no concept of what justice is and just can’t take action in the right ways!..In Canada, that witness who drove off would be found and charged for “fleeing the scene of an accident” and probably end up with a hefty fine or even a criminal record!

Anyways, the important thing here is that you’ll ride again in the near future!

Cheers

pfft… i think this is gods way of telling me to get off the bike or something… three weeks of rain… and then on the sunny weekend… bang! :help: life’s really not fair sometimes… couldn’t she have waited till next week to hit me?

also glad you got up after going down.
i got knocked down a while ago ( before the rain )
the boss, and everyone, said " call the police! "
but i don’t speak chinese and what if the police
don’t speak english.
and if the police speak chinese, i can’t tell
them where i am.
the flow of blood always draws crowd but nobody
volunteered to speak english.

bought one of those "one - shot " cameras,
but what if you’re down and out?

“life’s a bitch and then you die”

pfft… i think this is gods way of telling me to get off the bike or something… three weeks of rain… and then on the sunny weekend… bang! :help: life’s really not fair sometimes… couldn’t she have waited till next week to hit me?[/quote]

90% of all accidents happen in intersections. This might just be god’s way of telling you to “look out for people running reds at intersections”…that’s all. Don’t get me wrong…I’m not saying it could have been avoided…I wasn’t there.

well… went to get a quote from the shop today… 30,000 NT… the lady has been good and all and will pay all expenses… she intends to use her insurance, so i don’t understand why the mechanic (you know who for marty) didn’t slide the costs for the other damage i had on the bike previously… the insurance dudes wouldn’t know the difference and it would save me a good amount of $$

Sorry to hear you got taken out X08, as always though, rather the bike in pieces than the rider… I’d take the unobservant bitch to the cleaners if I were you… Make sure your scooter guy ups his “official” damages quote by at least 100%… (what the hell is his problem trying to low ball you? what an arse…) anyway, I hope it all works out well in the end…

you wanna know who’s doing the work?? …Coffee… personally, i’d like to take her to the cleaners…

Glad you have it all sorted out mate.

Say it ain’t so XO! Sorry to hear it. I’m just sorting out my own accident from May 9th. (I wasn’t riding the bike)

Saw a terrible accident witha van and a large semi on the coast highway right south of Fu Long 2 hours ago. Head on collision. The truck was on IT"S SIDE!!! still sitting at the side of the road. I doubt anyone in the van lived. Couldn’t bring myself to photo the van but I got one of the truck.

so then why on earth is he being such a prat and low balling your repairs quote?.. after the exhorbitant amount of cash he’s skimmed off the top of every purchase ever made by any foreigner at his 2 bit shop, not to mention the fact that you got your bike through him etc. etc. you’d think he’d have your back in a situation like this… :raspberry: :unamused: