Down the toilet!

You like your goldfish how?

• Fried!
  • Steamed!
  • On a stick!
  • Raw! Only pussies eat cooked goldfish.

0 voters

Mama mia! Well, I guess Bobo and Goldie are going into the Tiber. We sure don’t want to break any laws!

[quote]Rome bans goldfish bowls seen as cruel

ROME (Reuters) - The city of Rome has banned goldfish bowls, which animal rights activists say are cruel, and has made regular dog-walks mandatory in the Italian capital, the town’s council said on Tuesday.

The newspaper reported that round bowls caused fish to go blind. No one at Rome council was available to confirm this was why they were banned. Many fish experts say round bowls provide insufficient oxygen for fish.[/quote]

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051025/od_ … italy_pets

Bandung, West Java Indonesia…

[quote]Near the RRI building on Jl. Diponegoro, you can taste local delicacies such as gorengan (sort of Japanese tempura) from tofu, sweet potato, taro, pineapple, jackfruit, banana and comro (mashed cassava filled with fermented soybean cake). A sip of bandrek -ginger drink- and bajigur -coconut milk sweetened with palm sugar- in a cool night is a nice treat. A piece of sweet awuk (coneshape rice cake with layers of palm sugar) can be enjoyed in Awuk Cibeunying stall. Roasted corn on a cob with four flavors, seafood, Indonesian style Chinese food, pecel lele (fried eel fish with yummy sauce), fried goldfish and chicken porridge all are available.
asiatravel.com/bandinfo.html[/quote]

Great…the only thing this does is just foster an increase in the trafficking of illegal fish bowls.

But it creates jobs for fish bowl inspectors, so all is not lost.

He he he. Who here has been shown attention from a goldfish?

Once round fishbowls are criminalized, only criminals will have round fishbowls.

Round bowls are a cause of stress for the fish.

bobepine

But they’re right. There’s not enough space or oxygen for a big goldfish in a small glass bowl. They say that only guppies can live without extra oxygen without problems. And they also need less room, cause they are tiny.

But goldfish are ugly - even obscene. There’s no reason why anyone should keep them at home.

[quote=“Notsu”]But they’re right. There’s not enough space or oxygen for a big goldfish in a small glass bowl. They say that only guppies can live without extra oxygen without problems. And they also need less room, cause they are tiny.
[/quote]

I think those goldfish should keep their mouths shut and stop their whining. They should consider the alternative of not being in a bowl of water.

Stupid fish…they deserve to be eaten…every single one of them.

Goldfish Bowl Inspector: Knock knock
Me: Who’s there ?
GBI: The goldfish bowl inspector, our goldfish bown detector van says you may have an unlicenced goldfish bowl.
Me: No goldfish bowls in here.
GBI: But you have to let me in anyway, it’s a brazillion Euro fine if you don’t
Me: Oh, ok then, you’d better come in
GBI (Pointing at goldfish bowl on table): What’s that ? Is that a goldfish bowl.
Me: No officer, it’s a, er… space helmet.
GBI: So why is it full of water ?
Me: I’m cleaning it.
GBI: What’s that floating inside ? Is that a goldfish ?
Me: Er… no, it’s a piece of carrot, I’m letting it soak, you can’t eat dry carrot
GBI: Ok sorry sir, sorry to trouble you. By the way, have you taken your dog for a walk today ?
Me: I don’t have a dog
Dog: Woof
Me: Oh bugger.

goldfish is evil cult, but
goldfish bowl is world’s greatest evil.
People to care to free goldfish from evil.

Finally we have an explanation for their pop eyes.

Why are round goldfish bowls cruel?

Because the fish go crazy trying to find a corner to hide in.

I’m curious…how does one go about checking goldfish for blindness? Is there a special eyechart to test them on or is it when they start bumping into their plastic castle more often than normal?

Goldfish…MMmmmm…snackin’…

I think the Italians are doing the right thing here. We all know that using goldfish bowls leads to harder stuff. Today it’s a small, blind carp on the TV set. Tomorrow it’s one of those big-arse Japanese ponds with a bridge over the middle, and full of those fuck-ugly catfish. My guess is the Italians have been here, seen the future, and opted for a better world…

Hmmmmm… Gold fish… :homer:

[quote=“Jaboney”]goldfish is evil cult, but
goldfish bowl is world’s greatest evil.
People to care to free goldfish from evil.[/quote]
Have we just witnessed the birth of Forumosa’s first genuine meme?