Downhill and Freeriding in Taipei

There are a few of us (expats and locals) who ride every sat on the trails in Xin bei-tou to tien mu, a very skillful 2 hour ride.
if you like: jumps, drop offs, switchbacks, rocks roots and speed this may be for you.

Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome.

Moderate skills and a dual suspension bike recommended.

Helmet required, full face is strongly suggested

If interested p.m. me for info on where to meet

Do they still allow bikes on the MRT? If so, can I take it on the Xin Beitou line? And how early do you guys start?

Yes, bikes on the MRT are allowed on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays before 4pm. No, not on the Xin Beitou line, but that isn’t needed. You can get off or on at the Beitou MRT station, and it is so close to Xin Beitou (5 minute ride).

Lucky red-line users! :raspberry:

My closest station is Kunyang, and you can’t get on the blue line AT ALL! :fume:

Seeker is correct MRT to Bei tou then 5 mins to xin bei tou. From there it is a 10 min ride to the hill.
We start at 9 am , finish by 12

[quote=“irishstu”]Lucky red-line users! :raspberry:

My closest station is Kunyang, and you can’t get on the blue line AT ALL! :fume:[/quote]

Can’t you ride along the bike paths beside the Keelung till Jiantan station? Besies, like I told you last saturday, you can head over the hills toward Pingxi. Lots of trails and quiet mountain roads there.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“irishstu”]Lucky red-line users! :raspberry:

My closest station is Kunyang, and you can’t get on the blue line AT ALL! :fume:[/quote]

Can’t you ride along the bike paths beside the Keelung (Jilong) till Jiantan station? Besies, like I told you last saturday, you can head over the hills toward Pingxi. Lots of trails and quiet mountain roads there.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I can. I just mean I can’t (easily) meet up with anyone who lives around Beitou, or use the MRT to my advantage in general. Jiantan station isn’t exactly around the corner. Kunyang is only 15 mins away by bicycle.

Thanks for that info, BTW :slight_smile: