Downloads not completing

So. Just frustrated at the moment. I have 3 browsers: Chrome, IE, and Firefox. For a few weeks, I have not been able to download any files, which is annoying. It gets to x MB/x MB downloaded (where x is the same for both), and 0 seconds remaining. Then it does not finish.

Of course, everything is written in Chinese, so just poking around and hunting for the right solution has its limitations for me. If I google this question, it is asked about a lot, but no real solutions offered. Thoughts?

[quote=“Puppet”]So. Just frustrated at the moment. I have 3 browsers: Chrome, IE, and Firefox. For a few weeks, I have not been able to download any files, which is annoying. It gets to x MB/x MB downloaded (where x is the same for both), and 0 seconds remaining. Then it does not finish.

Of course, everything is written in Chinese, so just poking around and hunting for the right solution has its limitations for me. If I google this question, it is asked about a lot, but no real solutions offered. Thoughts?[/quote]

Hi Puppet. I’m a Linux person and I don’t do Windows, but I’ll go ahead and take a guess at the cause of the problem…

Obviously, the problem is NOT the browser. All three browsers haven’t suddenly gone bad.

What is the target folder of the downloads? Could it be that the hard disk partition you are saving to is already full? In Windows you’ve got the C:, D: and E: stuff (it’s different on Linux), are you sure that you are saving to a partition that has any space left?

The other thing that occurs to me is that you have to be saving to a folder to which you have write privileges. Again, I don’t know Windows, but in Linux a user can only save to his/her home directory and nowhere else. This is a security measure.

So basically, check to make sure that you’ve got space to save new downloaded files, and that you are saving to a place where it’s “legal”.

cheers,
DB

Thanks. I’ll see if it is anything like that. :slight_smile: