Downsides to moving to Taiwan?

So is the internetz

1 Like

The heat is one of the things I miss about the rock
It also brings out the best in Taiwanese girlsā€¦

Over here in the east bay there are about two weeks here where I have to sit around in my undies in front of a fanā€¦ah just like home.

But I do hear itā€™s gotten extreme over there.
But but I do love those north Taiwan summers.

I like the north Taiwan winters for about a month then the constAnt rain gets OLD

:whistle::howyoudoin::whistle:

is there something preventing you coming here tommy or what?

Water

2 Likes

Not true ā€¦i stayed for five months last year ā€¦im returning in may for 6 months ā€¦i was able to easily find apartments . My landlord is now a close friend . The cost to live in tainan city was very resonable and i quickly found food that was great and affordable . I highly recomend visting Taiwan

One side note ā€¦you must posess a bachalers degree from a VARIFIABLE college to legally work in Taiwan

1 Like

Yes 8000 miles of water
I can go but I canā€™t stay

So no point in going

holiday? dude you seem pretty attached, come for a trip.

Not true.
Teaching jobs have a bare minimum requirement of an associates degree with TEFL or no degree with JFRV or APRC.

I stand corrected ā€¦i taught english the last three months i was there . I was misinformed. Thanks ā€¦thats useful info

In a physical and literal sense, then yes it is very packed. However, to me there is a sense of greater personal space and freedom (not the political kind) in Taipei, than in Tokyo or Shanghai. A better sense of order, so to speak. Ah, hell. I canā€™t explain it. More ā€œat home-inessā€, I guess.

2 Likes

Taipei is a great city for those in the know.
Your mileage may vary.

2 Likes