DPP and the Rong Bang Project: Should we trust them?

Infamously collected in the most unbiased manner as they are . . .

Do you know the current targets of the present rregime? A key point is to even out the economic development and reduce inequality. They are even using Maoist terms for this. You think this came from thin air?

HG

Of course TI studies that highlight the difference of Taiwan from the Mainland are completely unbias and objective.

Sigh . . .

HG

I have no idea what we’re quibbling about, here.

Is there social dissent in China that must be addressed? Absolutely. Is development in China “littered with failure” (as you described)? Well, absolutely as I stressed in my longer tome earlier. If we take an absolutist view, there’s MUCH that has to be done.

Economic/social inequality between rich/poor, urban/rural must be addressed… and the sooner the better. Add to that serious issues with the environment, instabilities in the financial sector, alternating periods of possible hyperinflation followed quickly by possible deflation. There are plenty of mines that the Beijing administration has to wade through.

You’re always on the mainland, right? Any remotely informed mainland Chinese I’ve ever known is realistic enough to tell you the same.

We can keep quibbling about details and phrasing if you want, but my point isn’t hard to digest:

• today’s minefields are “different”, but no more dramatically dangerous than what China has faced almost continuously for the past two decades. And so far (post '89), the Beijing leadership has navigated them with few fatalities. And I have every reason to believe that will continue to be the case. I don’t know if you were on the mainland in the late '80s or '96-'99… but both of those periods represented far greater dangers to national stability than anything we’re facing today.

• China isn’t remarkable for having failures and potential minefields on the path of development. China is remarkable for having passed the vast majority and succeeding to the degree that it has. I’ll say it again: NO developing nation with a similar burden of poverty in the post-colonial period is remotely close to emulating China’s record in economic and social development.

China is the only large third-world nation that has managed to crawl up from the mud and dirt in which it was left in 1950. And if I was a betting man, I wouldn’t expect China to stop here.

Not to be anal…but PRC is a 2nd world nation being a former USSR allie…of sorts if you overlook their boarder skirmishes in the 80’s

But as any realistic Chinese will inform any delusional foriegner. China is on a peaceful rise as a developing nation. No yellow peril here.

One should be more afraid of Japan, trying to kick USA out of Okinawa and revising their constitution to conduct war.

That’s what Chiang Kai-Shek told the Taiwanese before he butchered them!

Evidence please.

CKS didn’t speak Hoklo.

The PRC/Soviet alliance broke long, long before the '80s. The Soviets pulled out all of their experts by '59, and the two were strategic enemies by the early '60s. The vast majority of the PLA was placed defensively along the common border with the Soviet Union from the '60s on. The shooting war (described as “border disputes”) between China and the Soviet Union started in 1969.

The PRC hasn’t been part of the Soviet bloc for as long as the ‘Non-Aligned Movement’ has been in existence.

But even if we discard the political definition of the term (and I’m not sure the political definition really matters in this context of economic development)… the point is China’s level of development (GDP per capita for example) has ranked consistently near the world bottom. Right now, China’s human development index ranks somewhere around the mid-point (~80th best country) on the United Nations scale… and that’s including the remarkable growth of the past 2 decades.

What was this thread about, again?

DPP is a evil cult.

DPP is an evil cult.

:homer: Doh! :homer: I can’t believe I fell into your evil trap to get me to say that :laughing:

That brought a smile AC. :slight_smile:

And I gotta tell ya, I needed it right then. Just learnt that my web based server doesn’t allow auto save of word docs to my computer’s hard drive . . . the hard way. Three hours of spinning shit into gold down the drain and I got a flight to Thailand midday and no report to present before I leave.

Nah, I don’t want to think of it. Shit! Is it beer’oclock already?

Cheers.

HG

The KMT is a failure.

I agree DPP is an evil cult. :bravo:
But I disagree KMT is a failure. :noway:

[quote=“lingq”]I agree DPP is an evil cult. :bravo:
But I disagree KMT is a failure. :noway:[/quote]

You agree THAT the DPP is an evil cult.
But you’re not very clear; do you agree that the KMT is indeed a failure, or do you disagree with the fact that the KMT is a failure?

I’ll be objective.

The DPP is a cult and the KMT is a failure.

D=dui4 bu4qi3
P=people
DPP should say sorry to people in Taiwan.
I dont think KMT is a failure.At least,they do their best to mend their fault that they have done before.

DPP is a joke .

The DPP’s policy of “People’s Diplomacy” and how it is a "f$$king joke. They will spend US$250 million in Central America and many of their international development political appointees are untried novices who not only don’t know how to deal with foreigners, but also routinely violate the “human rights” of foreigners. And we are supposed to trust them with this money? And these political clowns are in charge of making countries and people respect Taiwan?

Presidential Office: We will receive kickbacks on foreign laborers, allow blue collar workers to be prodded with a cattle rod, consort with gangsters in South Korea, and treat white collar foreigners like absolute scum.

Like I said, these people don’t deserve the respect of any international people. They deserve to run a 7-11 in Tainan – that is it.

If these clowns can’t even comprehend basic decency and loyalty for people who busted their ass on their behalf, why should the world community show interest?

[quote=“lingq”]D=dui4 bu4qi3
P=people
DPP should say sorry to people in Taiwan.
I don’t think KMT is a failure.At least,they do their best to mend their fault that they have done before.

DPP is a joke .[/quote]

Yeah the KMT certainly did an excellent job for the victims of the White Terror and so forth. :unamused:

That’s why I voted for Chen in 2004 :bravo: