DPP endanger Kinmen

“Because Penghu is right off the coast of Tainan. I’ll try not to shed
too many tears when the PLA go after CSB('s?) house …”

"Of course Jinmen and Mazu belong to Taiwan. That’s why Taiwan
is cleaning up the landmines and planning to put tourist(s?) there.

What kind of TI nutcase would think otherwise.

The problem is of course, what happens
when PRC tourist(S?) show up at the tourist desitnation(sic) as well?

Anybody ever been to Kinmen? I’ve been to PengHu (beautiful, can have your own large beach to yourself. I and my gf, now wife, did at the time).

Anybody ever heard of the famous knifesman in Kinmen that carves beautiful knives from the ordance that shelled the island every other day in the 50s, etc.? Seen pictures of them, beautiful. He’s been collecting the stuff for decades to build up inventory. ha.

How ironic it is for him to sell his wares to the same commies (albeit tourists) that once kept him or his family on pins and needles during the bombing from those shells. Good for him!

Of course, let’s not get into that fire-breathing monster of a drink that comes from there, Kaoliang. I think that’s why the DPP secretly doesn’t want to give Kinmen back to the PRC. Been a cash cow for Taiwan’s Alcohol Monopoly company.

Too bad the DPP been dragging its feet on gambling in the island (most plans include it on offshore islands). That literally could’ve been a cash cow for govt coffers the last 7yrs (not to mention boon for the unemployed). Now S’pore is building one and will have F-1 as well. sigh…

Been to Kinmen and Matsu for a few weeks each for work, interesting places actually. Also visited Penghu for work, but 5 islands in 3 days was a bit of a rush.