Dr. Martens / Doc Martens / Docs / DMs

I don’t know the name of the street but it is the same street as the McDonalds beside the Dr. San Memorial. Their is a Dr. Martins store close by

I’m pretty sure i’ve seen Dr Martens sold in the clothing stores inside the WanNien building in Ximen…

flickr.com/photos/dans180/2689416012/

That’s Shoex, as noted before.
It’s Kuang Fu S Rd. just south of Chung Hsiao.
Also, and this may not be current, the Mitsukoshi #3 (the one with the Chanel shop at the front) in the Land of a Thousand Mitsukoshis, by City Hall, B1 used to have a Marten’s shop near the eskimolator.
But I think Shoex has a way better selection.

Last Friday, walked pass by a new store on XinSheng South Road, next to McD, that carries Dr. Martens.

Union Square
100 XinSheng South Road Sec 1, Taipei
(02)2321-4983

There is also a URL for their website, but apparently it is not functional.
http://www.union-square.com.tw

I have a nice pair of Docs I bought here. I bought mine at the Taoyuan Shin Kon Mitsukoshi…er… however they spell it (新光三越) department store. I imagine branches should carry them as well.

Nice shoes, will bring one back to Taiwan. From the Liverpool shop.

2 Likes

In my experience, they work better in pairs. :upside_down_face:

Good move though to get these shoes overseas, as the selection in Taiwan can be frustratingly limited (often with no basic models available—why?) with higher prices here too.

Guy

4 Likes

Amazon seems to have everything.
They are missing the pride banner though. If you want to do social justice warrior, go all the way…

1 Like

I still have my legit ones from the 90s, complete with steel toes. The ones they make now seem more like fashion statement than work boot. I’m not convinced they will last decades like mine have.

2 Likes

The new product (such as it is) wears out much faster than the vintage products from the 1990s which were manufactured in England. I now get a year or two max from my current shoes.

I have however had great luck with Royal Mail shoes (basically Dr Martens for mail delivery personnel) I found on eBay—the ones I purchased are still made in the UK and last forever!

Guy

1 Like

When you get them get the M.I.E ones, the last ones I got where cheaper to import from the uk than to buy the standard ones here.

I think i’m about due another pair Bovver Boots

1 Like

May I ask: what does this acronym stand for?

All I can envision is “military industrial eggplant,” which I doubt is the correct answer. :upside_down_face:

Guy

1 Like

Made in England

2 Likes

Thank you.

Based on my experience with these Royal Mail shoes M.I.E, I must say the quality of manufacturing is excellent. They really are brilliant durable shoes.

Guy

1 Like