Dream of the Day

All the time. The classroom is always really dark, and the kids don’t listen to me, I lose my temper repeatedly eventually ending in disaster with people walking out. Since I stopped teaching about a year back, I don’t think I’ve had one though lol

1 Like

I dreamed my dog could talk, simple stuff like a small child. No one seemed as impressed as I was. Lots of cats in same dream, been dreaming about them lately

1 Like

I’ve warned you time and time again about those mushrooms :tumble:

2 Likes

At least I don’t dream about cockroaches like some poor guy in another thread. Though I regularly have dreams that my huge fishtank has been taken over by horribly disgusting sea creatures

Why do the sea creatures disgust you so much? :thinking:

(Just playing psychoanalyst here…)

Objectively, they’re hideous. Can’t say beyond that. Maybe guilt at sending so many pet fish to their demise over the years :slight_smile: Sometimes I have nice fish in nice tanks too. The tanks are usually ridiculously oversized.

I dreamt the moon had broken free of its orbit and was on a collision course with Earth. Each day it became bigger in the sky. Soon it was all you saw when you looked up. Everyone was freaking out about the world ending and burning piles of paper money. I still had to teach and one student said the “moon was so close I can see astronauts waving to me.” I woke up when the moon had finally entered Earth’s atmosphere and was burning everything up.

3 Likes

Is something regular in your life in danger of becoming irregular and out of control?

Vacation is ending and new school year is starting soon. :scream:

1 Like

Ah, so you feel you’re not ready to go back to work, and Fun Drew is going to make a fool of Serious Drew and get him fired from his job and ruin his life. :partying_face: :no_no:

@tempogain: Why such big tanks?

1 Like

Well, I’ve seen a lot of XXL-size fishtanks here.

I ate too much too late and I had a nightmare of zombie cats fighting zombie rats…It was horrible and scary. No more zombie movies at night for me!

3 Likes

I dont have a dream…
Sleeping on my sofa cant have a good nor bad dream…

I get up early and cook instead now I m late for work…

I dreamt I was about to get tortured to death by a cartel boss. After waking I realized that I had this dream because a) I’d seen Rambo: Last Blood recently, and b) I was reading a “what’s the most f%cked up thing you’ve ever seen” thread on Reddit the other day.

I’m guessing that you’ve either read the book “Seveneves” or seen the movie “Melancholia.”

I often have a dream of going about my business in public like to work or something and realizing that I didn’t have any pants on other than undies. Was just so embarrassing , strange that no one notices except myself.

Another recurring dream is one where I find that I am desperate to return to the USA and for some reason I am on Taiwan… And then i wake up and im in the USA.

Had one recently where I went back and visited Taiwan (and i do this often in my dreams and often to my home there) and i meet up with relatives that have passed.

LIke i saw one of my uncles again (who had passed) and he was so tall , huge like a giant.

what does all this mean ??? I need to win the lotto.

1 Like

No, but I played ‘Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask’ as a kid and a major section of that was the moon coming to kill you.

I assume those books/movies have similar plots of a breakaway or rogue moon? I might check them out then.

In another awful dream I had recently, I was inside a tall office building, facing the windows, behind roads of desks and people hustling about, when suddenly there was an earthquake. I felt the building lean but not fall and I was wondering whether I had time to go down the stairs when suddenly it felt another building fell behind us and pushed us forward over the road and practically into the building across the street, where the glass and bricks exploded all around me. Thankfully I woke up at that point.

In Seveneves the moon breaks apart. In Melancholia they discover another planet in our solar system, and this planet’s orbit made it invisible to us until it’s set to collide with the Earth. I think. Anyway, it’s a metaphor for depression.

1 Like

Isn’t that the theory behind the whole Planet X .