Dream of the Day

Then the question is, what part of your life or your psyche is old fashioned and a little odd but still somehow exists?

Sounds like a bit of an identity crisis. :yin_yang:

:+1:
The safest way to time travel is in your REM state. Humans are banned from using actual, physical time machines for good reasons!

Sounds like it’s the afterlife. Your first friend said it’s not for him because he’s still alive. The latter group of friends have died. That’s why the place felt off; it’s also not for you yet so you didn’t line up in the queue.

I had a dream a while ago that I ran into my childhood nanny that I hadn’t seen in over 25 years. But I always wonder how she’s doing, even to this day. She’d be very old now if she was still alive. In the dream, I introduced her to my daughter and took her around my neighborhood and told her what I’d been up to in the years since I saw her. I was very happy in the dream. Then she abruptly interrupts me and says: “I need to tell you something. I died last night.” I woke up suddenly with tears in my eyes. I’m not a big believer in dreams being signs, but it did make me wonder if that was really her saying goodbye.

Well, did she actually die?

I have no idea. I didn’t remember her last name as I was a kid at the time. My parents told me her last name and I’ve tried looking her up on social media, but it’s a common name and I can’t find her. If she was still alive, she’d be in her late 80s. Sometimes you can sense people who are still here and who aren’t, and my feeling is she isn’t. But I don’t know for sure. :cry:

Can your parents look her up then?

Your brain gave you this thought for a reason. Maybe it’s because she secretly gave birth to your half-sibling (no offense to your dad, just speculating). Maybe it’s because she’s not dead yet but will be soon and wants to say goodbye to you properly (and/or because you want to say goodbye to her). Maybe she died years ago and the dream is really about something else. But if I died and went to the trouble of telling a not dead yet person about it and also mentioned that it was important, I’d probably appreciate the person making a great effort to verify it. :2cents:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Anyway, I’ve tried finding her online. The next step would be hiring a private detective and I don’t think I’m willing to go that far. I doubt I’ll see her again in this lifetime, but who knows.

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Better not tell you now

1 Like

Last night I dreamt that I was creating this bad-ass electric guitar song in my head. With no way to record it down since I don’t play guitar. And just thinking, if I could record this it’d be one of the best rock songs ever

Yes

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Signs point to yes

1 Like

Dream of the day: my brother had borrowed a ton of money from a loan shark, in my name, and while I was back home visiting, there was a hitman trying to track me down. He eventually did, put a gun to my head, and I paid him. Later, I gave his phone number to a radio show who called and pranked him…

2 Likes

Perhaps the message is don’t get revenge – persuade someone else to get it for you!

Also, the distinction between wanting to get revenge on the person who put you in a bad situation vs. the person who directly harmed you once you were in that situation.

Had a dream that there was some sort of holiday in Taiwan, and people were gathered at a ceremony of some kind. There were TV screens so you could see from afar. Then someone hijacked the signal – some sort of terrorist – and there were synchronized explosions all around town at the base of tall buildings. 101 and a bunch of others all fell, and it was like dominoes on all the other buildings.

Fun times.

1 Like

The surface level meaning seems clear.

How does it relate to your own life? Big ceremony coming up? Feeling ambivalent about your own independence or lack thereof? Feeling terrorized by someone/something?

I was in a blank, white room with a very close and personal friend of mine. I opened my mouth to say something, but I awoke abruptly before I said anything, and I had no idea what I was going to say in the first place.

I had lettuce… growing… from my balls.

Feel like you’re in too much of a vegetative state? :leafy_green: :expressionless:

1 Like