Drinking cold beverages may cause infertility: TCM doctor

Glad that is finally cleared up by authoritative science.

As somehow @sherlock predicted.

3 Likes

It is apparently based on an exhaustive study of two couples, so I guess there’s something to it.

2 Likes

Three, now. I have always drunk cold drinks in summer in Taiwan, and look what happened. Good to know why.

3 Likes

Unless you’re applying ice directly to your nads, I can’t see this being a thing.

Hmm, so drinking cold beverages may be an effective form of birth control since it is apparently reversible.

2 Likes

Yes, but bigpharma and monsanto don’t want us to know!

I’m going to drink a shit ton then. That way my wife and I don’t have to worry about any “accidents.”

Mooooment. I drink cold beverages regulary. And er have to kids. Looks like i have to talk with the wife…
It must have been either the poolboy or the gardener… :angry:

How much do I need to drink? My second kid is coming and we do not want more kids after that.

According to the article, a lot of pressure from a job and at least two cups of iced coffee a day might work.

How about if the cold beverages are beer? Huh?

And the hormones in the water are turning us into effeminate boys
Overpopulation problem solved!

Though (TMI) the weird thing is, I was on a job interview at a medical university years ago, when I was in my early 30s. I was being walked from one appointment to the next (you had to meet with everyone and the janitor for the interview) by a doctor who happened to have been the guy who facilitated the first test tube baby in Taiwan. We were chatting, and all of a sudden he turned to me and said, “You’re infertile, you know.” I asked him how he could tell, and he said something about how the skin around my mouth looked. But he was right in the end.

I thought about posting this. What made some Taipei Times editor say, “What we need is more random pseudo-scientific advice!” ?

1 Like