Driver's Abstract from Taiwan?

Hi all - I am grateful for any insight you may have.

We are trying to get my wife car insurance as an occasional driver under my insurance policy here in Canada. However, the Canadian insurance companies are asking for a “driver’s abstract” from Taiwan which lists any driving convictions, tickets, demerits, etc. etc. We were able provide letters from the Taiwan insurance company and local Taiwan Motor Vehicles Office stating no claims. However, neither letter states any of the driving history that a driver’s abstract would contain.

What is the name of the equivalent document to a “driver’s abstract” in Taiwan and how can we get it?

1 Like

When you call (a different carrier) just say she has no prior insurance. Insurance companies in CA don’t give credit for Taiwan experience.

If you want to go with the one you already told she had insurance in Taiwan with, just tell them that Taiwan doesn’t have an equivalent of a MVR like Canada. Let me guess, you guys are probably trying to insure with a call centre type insurance company right? (TD, Belair, Desjarins?)

No, we are trying to go through a broker and are shopping around at this point!