Driving recklessly without license plate

Sounds like Heaven. Then I could finally practice my wheelies and stoppies.

Yeah, but then you’d be an asshole too…

You couldn’t tell because you’d be in jail.

1 Like

I could tell anyway. See you in Cell Block 乙.

Mis cojones.

You can see quite often expensive cars using public roads as a race track in Taiwan.
I guess those are some rich pricks who don’t give a shit about fines and other people.

Pity that I didn’t see that topic earlier, but some observations I noticed:

1. yes, driving without a license plate is illegal but he could have the license plate in front and in the back window (I see this pretty often)
  2. Reckless Driving? I saw worse
  3. You drive below speed limit? This is also illegal and can be punished
    http://law.moj.gov.tw/Eng/LawClass/LawSearchNo.aspx?PC=K0040012&DF=&SNo=33
    No idea how much below speed limit, but keep in mind that the speed showing on your odometer is showing too high

Cheers
Tom

If you drive without a license plate, then reckless as hell is the ONLY way to drive.

Especially if the police chase you.

1 Like

the license plate should be placed in a place where it can be seen easily, putting behind window is illegal.

there are two kind of limits, upper, and lower. what he meant must be just below upper limit, shouldn’t be a problem.

that’s the real reason :grinning:

Can you define below upper limit?
The video states he drove below speed limit, and the speed limit on the Jianguo Expressway is 70. So the upper limit is 79km/h (GPS speed) but the lower limit?

Cheers
Tom

well, I don’t buy that +10 addition for upper limit, hence the day when I was driving it was roughly 70 km/h or just below, what’s the problem with that?

Well, I know for sure the speed cameras have a “grace” limit, I pass them with +9km/h without triggering the camera.
As I wrote above, below the speed limit can be also punished by law, but what is the “below” speed limit is not known to me.
I only know when you drive through the 12km tunnel to Ilan and you drive below 70km/h (90 is the speed limit) the fine is between 3,000 and 6,000 NTD.

Cheers
Tom

Have you actually been fined for that?

that’s really not the case, come on, it happened on Jian Guo Express Way, which usually congested, there’s no lower speed limit there.

even on Yilan Xueshan Thunnel during weekend it gets congested and can only drive 40-60 km/h, and no fine of course.

Yes, you can get pulled over and ticketed for driving too slowly. It’s especially dangerous if you are in the middle or left lanes.

https://youtu.be/rqBX4IhIRfg

Interestingly enough I was told by some police that cars can stop in the middle of the road for no reason, and if there’s an accident as a consequence of it, it’s the guy behind’s fault, because “he could have stopped because he had a heart stroke or anything!” :ponder:

EDIT: if someone can bring in some traffic rule that estates anything about this, it would be much appreciated.

Nope, I never drive slowly: http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aipl/201706120010.aspx

Umm, this really depends the time and yes, when you drive on highway or expressway to slow, it is a violation. However, so far I don’t know any case it was enforced.

Umm, the 2nd: I went May 12 around 3pm to Hualien (Saturday). The car in front of me was driving below 70 and the next car was roughly 500m ahead and the distance got bigger. Don’t tell me that was a safety distance. :joy:

Cheers
Tom

Exactly, if I make an illegal turn I beat it out of there quick lol.
Don’t put along for the fuzz to quickly come up behind. They prefer low hanging fruit like an old man on a 50cc they can get quick, not one they have to chase down.

Yeah, I know that.
I was driving on Jian Guo 69km/h, that’s what I meant for just below upper speed limit.