Dropping Knowledge - shameless Forumosa clone live now

Renowned individuals answering the most pressing questions of our time - does this sound familiar to you? Does “Where can I find sour cream?” ring a bell? Dropping knowledge copied Forumosa’s recipe for success and is currently holding it’s version of the happy hour in Berlin. Livestreams are available in Quicktime and Windows Media format.

How is it a clone if it services the needs of another expat population?

I like the layout.

it will fail. why? If you are trying to make a site accessible to all - DONT use flash, animations, large graphics etc. People with slower less up to date computers are going to frustrated at that site right away.

The layout is poor. Hard to even read the tiny forum names! No order or organization to the forums either. Yeah sure it looks kind of cool, but is it functional and does it serve those who desire to access it? No.

Forumosa, on the other hand, is well thought out and has a good layout. The site is very well organized, you can easily read the text on the site and know exactly where to go. There is no annoying flash intros, menus, etc that slow down the site or make it inaccesable to those with dated computers.

I predict a quick short life of that German site.

[quote=“derek1978”]it will fail. why? If you are trying to make a site accessible to all - DONT use flash, animations, large graphics etc. People with slower less up to date computers are going to frustrated at that site right away.
[/quote]Oh so that’s why I can’t access any discussions? Nothing loads. My computer is slow and old. I wanted to post yesterday to ask what’s wrong with this site. Now I know.

Good point. It’s more like… a mutation! :wink:

Should I change the title? It wasn’t that successful at attracting attention anyway.

At least they should have two versions, one being as accessible as possible. It would be a shame to see the project fail for using Flash and Javascript.

I’m not sure if there are already any discussions. :wink: Try using the search box (‘illegal immigrants’ has a discussion), otherwise you have to click on a topic in the visual browser until you get to the topic you want and then click on the tiny ‘i’ at the right of the topic’s name and select ‘search this theme’. Given the size of that ‘i’, you might have to purchase a precise laser mouse first.