Drug-Addicted Friend Needs Help

Wow, I really wish I had some good advice for you, jimi – I don’t. I’m clueless. But I still wanted to say that it’s wonderful he has a friend like you. Best of luck with this.

Fark the rocky road. What I’m proposing is holding him down (not me, his fellow SA strongboys), and kicking his ass into an outpatient facility. If he messes up, he will do inpatient time. He’s a big, strong guy. A rugby lock. Hard to hold down. Will be a major undertaking. Just worried about his potential propensity for taking his own life whilst in the throes of horrific withdrawal. :cry:[/quote]

sometimes the hard way is the best way…his brain is already too messed up so at this stage love and support are not going to work…once he is off the drugs then he will need love and support to help keep him clean…of course it is easier said than done…

+1.

Here is a list of hospitals in Taipei County offering methadone and other treatments. This is part of a program since 2005 that allows hospitals to treat patients without being required to report to police and prosecutors. I’m not sure how this would work for foreigners, so be cautious but I think it is likely that if someone who is clean went and asked whether a foreigner can participate, the clinic would tell you and might know of other resources. You might try more than one.

I list clinics in Taipei County because I read in a newspaper article on the program a couple years ago that Taipei City was reluctant to join the program and that Taipei City cops hung out at some clinics and busted people, much to the indignation of the medical professionals working there.

I’m sorry that I don’t have time to translate these but if you copy and paste the first line of each entry, you will find their website and enough English to point you in the right direction.

財團法人亞東紀念醫院
89667000轉2936 每週一至周五
早上09:00-12:00

行政院衛生署臺北醫院
22765566轉1208 每週二
下午
13:30-17:00

行政院衛生署八里療養院
中和門診
2245-6335 每週一到週四
早上:
09:30-12:00
下午:
13:30-16:30
每週五、六
上午:
09:30-12:00

財團法人天主教耕莘醫院
22193391轉66908 每週一、五
下午:
14:00-17:00
每週四
早上:
09:00-12:00
財團法人恩主公醫院
2672-3456轉6001 每週二、三
上午:
8:30-11:30

臺北縣立醫院板橋院區
2257-5151轉2159 每週二、四
下午:
13:30-16:30

Dammit, jimi. You’re a good man. Good luck with this.

Good luck, Jimi. I have lost a few close friends, and know how close it is. Not everyone goes down, though, so there is a smidgen of hope.
Sending love and hugs your way.

Very kind words and advice from my dear friends. Most appreciated.

What Iris said. Just be aware that you can’t blame yourself if your friend doesn’t get clean or ends himself.

Lots of times people who’ve defeated a devil like to help others try to kill the same devil, but it can be emotionally traumatic.

Love to you, and your friend, from the Housecat! (And I hope his dog isn’t still pooping in your floors.)

Sorry Jimi, I don’t know what to say other than best of luck. You’re a good man. :notworthy: