Drug Hotel Closed Kaohsiung

www.Taiwannews.com

First motel in Taiwan to have license revoked over repeated drug offenses
Armani Motel becomes first in Taiwan to have business license revoked for multiple drug offenses

By Judy Lin,Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2017/05/19 17:44

Armani Motel in Kaohsiung City had its business license revoked. (Screenshot of Armani Motel website)
TAIPEI (Taiwan News)—Armani Motel (亞曼尼高雄館), a luxurious motel located in Kaohsiung City, became the first motel in Taiwan to have its operation license revoked by the city Tourism Bureau for providing narcotics on its premises to customers, and obstructing police investigations by concealing evidence.

The Kaohsiung City Tourism Bureau revoked the motel’s operation license on May 16.

The hotel became a haven for drug-fuelled parties with 10 cases reported from 2014 till 2017, and more than 59 people detained from these events.

One person even died from a drug overdose at a five person party on Sept. 5, 2016.

A narcotic party involving 14 people busted by police this January discovered the motel not only supplied drug intake devices at the party, helped cover up evidence, and even tried to stop police investigations.

The motel owner ignored police warnings several times and the city Tourism Bureau issued a warning last August that it needed to stop the drug-fuelled parties.

In March this year, police received another report about a narcotics packed party at the motel, and revoked the motel business registration certificate.

there is a lot more hotels around Taiwan like this.
I’ll take a big guess that the owners will “sell” the hotel to another legal entity, that new entity changes the hotel’s name, and then business is restarted.

Wonder how many people have to die from drugs at “W” Hotel Taipei before they close it…

I see a lot more drug related crime in the news recently. Well, I say crime - it’s really entrepreneurship amid stagnant wages.