Drug Wars in the USA

That’s what happens when the culture glorifies drug use. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Use of meth and fentanyl aren’t glorified at all.

4 Likes

But cannabis is! And it’s a gateway drug!

2 Likes

Pretty much sums up Taiwan’s drug policy…

4 Likes

It’s not about the drug itself. It’s the culture that finds drug use “cool”.

Nobody finds junkies and tweakers cool. The usual reaction is either pity or disgust.

4 Likes

I guess you didn’t grow up in the '60s and '70s.

Those are nasty drugs. They really fuck you up.
They problem is that the stigma tends to detract from drugs that are okay for recreational use.

1 Like

As if druggies aren’t considered cool in american high school

Meth, crack and smack junkies aren’t considered cool. Anywhere. The’re despised.

2 Likes

Especially in places like Taiwan. Insane that cannabis is listed in the same category as amphetamines.

2 Likes

I realize that in your limited POV all drugs are the same, but that’s not the way it works in most of the world. If you did meth or fentanyl in high school, you’d be shunned. The cool kids use weed and club drugs.

5 Likes

Like I said, drug worship culture.

Personally, I dislike cannabis. But for it to be rated along with meth is patently absurd.

1 Like

Do you include alcohol and smoking/vaping in that catagorisation?
How about bin lang? It’s part of Taiwanese culture. It’s FAMOUS!

3 Likes

Helps you understand @gain’s perspective on drugs though. It’s easy to forget he’s a Millennial sometimes when he’s acting like a frumpy old church lady.

5 Likes

Caffeine worshipper here. So sue me.

1 Like

My school reeks of weed all the time. This is the last place I’d want to burn a fatty.

Not nearly as bad as drugs.

It’s disgusting, but it’s not as bad as drug use.

It’s called acting reasonable and being responsible.

Alcohol and tobacco are drugs…and they’ve killed more people and destroyed more lives than any of the ones you’re in a moral panic about.

Again, betel nut is a drug, and one that’s very harmful to people’s health.

5 Likes