Drumming in Taipei? Looking for a Rehearsal Studio to Rent?

So, I recently found out I’m moving in July to Taipei. I am interested in finding out about the possibility of drumming there, and if it is worth my while to bring my full acoustic kit there. Most of the information I am finding online is written in Mandarin and is a bit unclear. I’m currently living in Singapore and I rent a practice room at a studio where I keep my drums setup. This allows me to use my own drums/cymbals, which is what I really would like to do.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about music rehearsal studios in Taipei or more importantly, is my plan feasible in Taipei. I really would prefer not to pay by the hour to play a studio’s drum set.

1 Like

Hi @TubThumper , how did it go? Did you play drums at home and did you get complaints for it, or how did you handle it?

Thanks and regards,
Fabian

1 Like

Can’t play drums at home. That will never work in Taipei, unfortunately. I did find a music store that had an empty rehearsal space. With the help of a friend, I was able to convince them to let me rent it on a monthly basis. It isn’t ideal by any stretch, but I can at least play my drums. Good luck!

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was afraid would be the answer. I’ll try with edrums and lots of floor padding… Let’s see how that’ll go.

Thanks again and happy drumming!

1 Like

Which store? I would like a place to rehearse/practice as well (piano)…wondering if I can rent some time too, thanks!

1 Like

Looks like it’s built for classes, but worth reaching out and asking.

TobyDrum
0935 989 755

1 Like