Drunk driving ex-con almost kills Forumosan in car smash

:blush: thanks for the kind words everyone… much appreciated, although I only did what anyone else would have… anyway this thread is supposed to be about Capt.Stag, and hopefully the timely demise of the drunken bastard driver… :fume:

Every string I can imagine has been pulled and the way it is now things seem to be significantly in Capt. Stag’s favour, legally speaking… As long as everything stays by the book, this fool should be crucified by the legal system should it come to court, which is excellent leverage indeed… We’ll just have to wait and see how that turns out though, since being “legal” and “systematic” aren’t exactly Taiwan’s strong points and unfortunately, this liqoured up idiot isn’t exactly “old money”…

I spoke to the Capt. today and he sounds much better, still knackered, but better than he looked yesterday… Evidently he may have access to a computer in his hospital room and may post something or other soon…

+1 to everyone’s get well soon wishes… (and a special mention for his lovely lady who’s been at his side at the hospital since Sunday night… :notworthy: )

Holy Christ!

What could have that fucktard been possibly thinking passing here…Inside, outside or any which way?

And Huang guang Chen, the fact he didn’t wring his drunken, skinny little neck showed remarkable restraint.

Let’s pray for a quick recovery, a long prison sentence, and hope the asshole has some kind of insurance…

Plasmatron, lucky for CS he had you there. Who the hell knows what would have happened without that last bit of sleuthing on your part. :notworthy:

Mate, it was the usual yada yada. It very rarely pays to threaten to kick in some one’s teeth in a police station when discussing an accident. Under absolutely no circumstances try that in up country Thailand, or the northern beaches of Sydney, for that matter.

That’s my hope

Absolutely agree. Look at a ruler and measure that abrasion to CS’ liver. You saved his life.

HG

[quote]Every string I can imagine has been pulled and the way it is now things seem to be significantly in Capt. Stag’s favour, legally speaking… As long as everything stays by the book, this fool should be crucified by the legal system should it come to court, which is excellent leverage indeed… We’ll just have to wait and see how that turns out though, since being “legal” and “systematic” aren’t exactly Taiwan’s strong points and unfortunately, this liqoured up idiot isn’t exactly “old money”…
[/quote]

Please this accident to the attention of the Chief of Nantou Country Police. Small police stations have a habit of eating this kind of case, or at the very least, altering the records.

By bringing it to the attention of somebody higher up, you lessen the chances of cheating.

I’m glad to hear Captain Stag is OK and I’m sure he will make a full recovery. He is one very lucky chap.

Plasmatron, well done. Here is a virtual beer:
:beer:

Bubba2Guns, my plane is fuelled up, fully loaded and awaiting take-off instructions. I also have a spare elastoplast for your lip.

BinLang chewing drunken ex-con, you are a fucking retard. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit.

There. :fume:

Glad to hear CS was doing better today, and that you spoke with him. It will be nice to hear from him.

I have to say, plasmatron, I am very impressed with how you handled this, and no, not everyone would have known what to do. IMO, you did exactly what needed to be done. Calling 119, first aid, taking pictures, and speaking your mind as a witness. That pretty much sums up the top 4 things to do in a situation like this. :notworthy:

Thanks for the exellent account, and my wishes to a speedy recovery for CS.

Its an absolute miracle that he survived…

Well done plasmatron, I think if you had not been riding with him, this story might have had a much worse ending :frowning:

Hope he gets back on his feet soon… Good luck to you Cap Stag!

All of you bike riders in Taiwan have my admiration. There is no way I am going to get around on less than 4 wheels (and preferably armour plating) :s

best to pull all the strings that you can.

we were rear-ended a few years back in ping dong by a drunk who had previously killed someone while drunk. don’t think that he saw a day of jail time, although he managed to shove us 3/4 of the way through the intersection while we were stopped for a red.

only thing we got out of it was a partially fixed car …

all the best to your buddy.

Glad he’s OK. That is such a scary story. I’m also impressed by how well you held your ground.

[quote=“xtrain”]we were rear-ended a few years back in ping dong by a drunk who had previously killed someone while drunk. don’t think that he saw a day of jail time, although he managed to shove us 3/4 of the way through the intersection while we were stopped for a red.
[/quote]

The exact same thing happened to me in South Taiwan (near that huge aquarium) back in 2003. It was the 3rd day of my holiday and was not much of an introduction to Taiwan…

The ‘ambulance’ was a clapped out old van with a camp bed in the back, the hospital had bare concrete floors and ancient equipment and the driver in fault tried to weasel his way out of the charge later on when we all met at the local police station…

He was not badly injured but the 4 elderly women in the back seat of his car (all unrestrained) ended up pretty messy :frowning:

Well done Plasmatron and a speedy recovery to Captain Stag.

sorry for not posting earlier… when i saw this it was clock off time and the work connection is ridiculously slow…

… anyway, i gave CS a call last night, and he seems ok. he’s definately thinking positive and reassured me that he will be better as soon as he can.

on another note, that mysterious oil patch had disappeared for a while, but i noticed on sunday that it was back again… probably as an after-effect of this is my guess… not to mention that i almost got taken out by an old guy doing a very similar thing… was overtaking him on the left when he suddenly just drifted over into the wrong lane (as in the left, which i was using to pass him)… not overtaking or anything, as there was nothing to overtake :fume:

i think this could almost be linked to the ‘seeing red’ thread… yes, i think i’m noticing it too… taiwanese drivers have been getting worse lately…

plasma > if you or stag need any help, give me a call… i know you don’t have my number, but he does.

Wasn’t this the maneuver that Sandman advocated in another thread for car drivers to deal with those pesky motorcycle teams who dare to cross the double line to pass a slower car?

yes… yes it is… except that :

a) the old guy was on a scooter, sitting right in the middle of our lane (not enough room to overtake him in theat lane)…
b) i was on my own…
c) i was on my scooter, not the hornet…

WAS it you sandman? :ohreally: :saywhat:

[quote=“x08”]yes… yes it is… except that :

a) the old guy was on a scooter, sitting right in the middle of our lane (not enough room to overtake him in theat lane)…
b) i was on my own…

WAS it you sandman? :ohreally: :saywhat:[/quote]
Dunno. Were you travelling in a pack at speed passing a line of cars on blind corners with cars coming the other way? If not, then no, it wasn’t me.

And I’m NOT FUCKING OLD! How dare you!

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“x08”]yes… yes it is… except that :

b) i was on my own…

WAS it you sandman? :ohreally: :saywhat:[/quote]
Dunno. Were you travelling in a pack at speed passing a line of cars on blind corners with cars coming the other way? If not, then no, it wasn’t me.

And I’m NOT FUCKING OLD! How dare you![/quote]

my students would disagree… according to them, anyone over the age of 18 is old… at 25, that makes me a fossil :s

and yes, i was travelling in a pack of one at a speed of approximately 50… but i was passing scooters, not cars

Thanks a lot everyone…indeed, it was a very close call and the outcome could have been much worse, although it still thrashed me enough to have a 10cm gash in my liver wich caused severe internal bleeding, compressed blatter, bruised kidneys, bruised ribs, minor spinal damage and a bit of road rash that required some stitching on the arms…

I’m still in the Puli Christian hospital and making a steady recovery. The first 48 hours were rough as I spend part of it in the ICU all plugged into every machine known to man…(including an automatic relief tube )…once I was stabilized, I was moved to my own room and things got better from there…improvements are coming at a slow but steady and welcome pace…I’m now mostly disconnected from the machines and that makes things more manageable. Eating and drinking is getting better and I’m managing little meals here and there throughout the day…walking is a whole other story though…Plasmatron just came by and declared my new nickname as “Mr Burns” due to my new stance and walking speed!..however, this nickname won’t last long as my walking pace is already on par with one of a turtle, and not that of a snail. …

On the other hand, the legal proceedings are on the way and it’s still too early to tell what the outcome will be but that piece of human trash is stuck between a very large rock and a hard place…

Ok…again, thanks to everyone for the calls and the encouraging posts…It makes being in this kind of situation in a foreign country much easier to deal with when one knows that there are people who care…

…and of course, huge endless thanks to Plasmatron and his wife for all they have done to manage this stituation.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Why is this always the thing men mention?? :laughing:

Glad to see you back on the boards!

Well you can’t be THAT bloody banged up if you’re thinking about sex already. But don’t they have nice comely student nurses to do that kind of thing for you?

Seriously, I’m glad you’re well enough to post and I hope it won’t be long until you’re up and about again.

All the very best of luck to you.

CS -
Good to hear from you. Hope your recovery comes fast.
Glad you didn’t get emotionally involved with that “automatic relief tube.”

:laughing:

HG