Drunken foreign guys atop electrical tower?

What’s with this?

Just saw a report on public TV (unfortunately I just flipped around the dial and it was their Minnan broadcast, and they were talking way too fast for me to get any more than the basics plus reading the captions). Two foreign guys apparently got drunk and climbed up some electrical tower and fell asleep, so the Taiwanese brought out the rescue squad, the inflatable mattress thingy (where was that during the fire a couple of weeks ago??) etc.

Anybody know these yahoos? Didn’t present a very good image for “our team”, that’s for sure…but then again if it had been 2 Taiwanese guys with a snootful of Whisbih, would it have made the TV news??

[quote=“ironlady”]What’s with this?

Just saw a report on public TV (unfortunately I just flipped around the dial and it was their Minnan broadcast, and they were talking way too fast for me to get any more than the basics plus reading the captions). Two foreign guys apparently got drunk and climbed up some electrical tower and fell asleep, so the Taiwanese brought out the rescue squad, the inflatable mattress thingy (where was that during the fire a couple of weeks ago??) etc.

Anybody know these yahoos? Didn’t present a very good image for “our team”, that’s for sure…but then again if it had been 2 Taiwanese guys with a snootful of Whisbih, would it have made the TV news??[/quote]

Oh sure it would have made the news. This is the type of stuff the newsrooms love!

Do you know where this incident occurred?

Saw them too! Hilarious - almost as funny as the drunk Canadian in KHH the other week on the “news”!

I know it doesn’t make “us” look very good, but watching the “drunk adogah” news on a Sunday morning has become a fixture of my weekend! And to be fair, they DO show inebriated locals slapping policemen and falling out of their cars drunk on a regular basis too.

Come on, you had a little chuckle, no?! :wink:

A little one? A big one, more like.

The incident was in Taipei, that’s all I know. I didn’t recognize the electrical tower in question (but then I guess I haven’t gotten drunk and slept on nearly all of them yet. Gotta get busy. :laughing: )

[quote=“ironlady”]Two foreign guys apparently got drunk and climbed up some electrical tower and fell asleep, so the Taiwanese brought out the rescue squad, the inflatable mattress thingy (where was that during the fire a couple of weeks ago??) etc.

Anybody know these yahoos?[/quote]

You know them, ironlady, but only via the Internet. Those two handsome gents you saw catching a few winks are none other than our beloved and dear blueface and tigerman. A few too many at the pub, eh boys?

Actually, I would find it hard to take anyone seriously who thinks airing this story is showing prejudice against foreigners by the media. (And I’m not saying you are saying that ironlady.) C’mon, these guys are asleep in an electrical tower! I don’t care what nationality or race they are, this definitely falls into that “news of the weird” category.

We were trying to catch a peek through Alien’s window. We had a bet going whether or not she wears a thong. :laughing:

Were they high ?

We were trying to catch a peek through Alien’s window. We had a bet going whether or not she wears a thong. :laughing:[/quote]

:shock: No powerlines outside my window. They don’t go that high!
Thongs!?
Babe, I was wearing leopard print thongs back in the 80’s on Copacabana Beach! :laughing:

“Look Mommy, there’s Teacher Jimmy on TV and he’s greased out of his gourd!”

[quote=“Alien”]
Thongs!?
Babe, I was wearing leopard print thongs back in the 80’s on Copacabana Beach! :laughing:[/quote]

Photos!!!

me

me second from left

Hey, all I can say is that seeing the big-noses drunk up a power tower is one thing, but seeing a Chinese drunk behind the wheel of a car (remember “Red Asphalt” from school?) is another.
I’ll take the tower any day.

[quote=“Alien”]

me second from left[/quote]

oh really

[quote=“Alien”]

me second from left[/quote]

Nice ankles.

Reminds me of the Afghan Spice Girls.

[quote=“sandman”]Reminds me of the Afghan Spice Girls.

[/quote]I still fancy the blond one

Add a pair of mirrored sunglasses and I think those outfits are perfect for those people who get so upset about being stared at. Sure, you’d still be stared at, but no one would have any idea of what was behind the outfit.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“sandman”]Reminds me of the Afghan Spice Girls.

[/quote]I still fancy the blond one[/quote]
Men are blond, women are blonde.