Drunken foreigners on train

Oh my God! Drunken foreigners on a train in Taiwan! What is this world coming to ???

Next they will have drunken foreigners on a BUS ! jUST Imagine that !

TVBS is big on drunkeness. You can see a story about a drunk guy lying in the street or cursing the cops just about every day. It may not be as big news as someone’s escaped pig say, but still, it’s pretty big.

The crux of the story is the reverse discrimination displayed by the train conductor. Taiwanese passengers complained to Taiwanese conductor about a bunch of foreigners partying too loud, and instead of boldly telling the foreigners to quiet down like a good patriotic Taiwanese conductor should, he told his complaining compatriots to hush and just find somewhere quiet to move to. The Uncle Tom train conductor is the bad guy in the story.

Good on Uncle Tao. :thumbsup:

I don’t know why everyones jumping to the defence of the big noses in this…yes it was the hash, and yes they were probably being annoying. Its not big news but you’d probably be pissed off too if you’d just sat down for a 5 hour train journey and suddenly a bunch of people started rarking it up all round you.

on on

Yes, good point. That said, those trains are already pretty damn loud.

[quote=“the bear”]I don’t know why everyones jumping to the defence of the big noses in this…yes it was the hash, and yes they were probably being annoying. Its not big news but you’d probably be pissed off too if you’d just sat down for a 5 hour train journey and suddenly a bunch of people started rarking it up all round you.

on on[/quote]

The China Hash House Harriers is the most considerate, polite and culturally sensitive group of expats I’ve ever met. I highly doubt that they would have been involved in such a sordid incident.

Well I was on their side until somebody mentioned that they were rarking it up. We simply can’t have that.

But these would have the the Taipei Chinese, … or the Taiwan [strikethrough]Chinese[/strikethrough] HHH. :wink:

But these would have the the Taipei Chinese, … or the Taiwan [strikethrough]Chinese[/strikethrough] HHH. :wink:[/quote]

Well, the Taipei HHH was the first one, started back in 1973, but one group split off a few years later and called themselves the China HHH. It was back in the day when Taiwan was still “China” in word if not in reality, you know, like China Petroleum etc.

I went to one of their thingys once and once only. Bunch of suits and ABCs being stupid ignorant Yahoos. Embarrassing as hell to be around them. Ugly foreigner in extremis. Of course, maybe they’ve changed since then, but if I was ever unfortunate enough to be sharing a carriage with those people, I’d probably complain to the guard as well.
Still, I didn’t really see much mayhem going on in that video.

Feck off! Some of the hashers are a bit obnoxious when they are drunk, it is true. But then so are loads of blokes aat Carnegies. Sandman, your characterization is your typical “I’m an online cunt and I don’t give a shit” slagging of something you know very litte about. There are all kinds of people on the HHH, from air force pilots and engineers, to Chinese language students and English teachers. It’s a very unpretentious and friendly organization, and loads of fun. It’s also one of the best ways to see some beautiful bits of countryside. If you don’t want to join it, good for us. Web don’t need any skirt-wearing gits on the hash!

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“the bear”]I don’t know why everyones jumping to the defence of the big noses in this…yes it was the hash, and yes they were probably being annoying. Its not big news but you’d probably be pissed off too if you’d just sat down for a 5 hour train journey and suddenly a bunch of people started rarking it up all round you.

on on[/quote]

The China Hash House Harriers is the most considerate, polite and culturally sensitive group of expats I’ve ever met. I highly doubt that they would have been involved in such a sordid incident.[/quote]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

nice people an’ all but don’t sugar coat it too much bro’…they was on the piss and fair play to them…just wouldn’t want to be sat nearby if I wasn’t also imbibing.

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“BigJohn”]
The China Hash House Harriers is the most considerate, polite and culturally sensitive group of expats I’ve ever met. I highly doubt that they would have been involved in such a sordid incident.[/quote]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

nice people an’ all but don’t sugar coat it too much bro’…they was on the piss and fair play to them…just wouldn’t want to be sat nearby if I wasn’t also imbibing.[/quote]

Glad you got the joke!

Feck off! Some of the hashers are a bit obnoxious when they are drunk, it is true. But then so are loads of blokes aat Carnegies. Sandman, your characterization is your typical “I’m an online cunt and I don’t give a shit” slagging of something you know very litte about. There are all kinds of people on the HHH, from air force pilots and engineers, to Chinese language students and English teachers. It’s a very unpretentious and friendly organization, and loads of fun. It’s also one of the best ways to see some beautiful bits of countryside. If you don’t want to join it, good for us. Web don’t need any skirt-wearing gits on the hash![/quote]
That’s why I said they’ve maybe changed since then. But the one I went to was populated by perhaps the most pretentious bunch of wankers it’s ever been my misfortune to run across.

Feck off! Some of the hashers are a bit obnoxious when they are drunk, it is true. But then so are loads of blokes aat Carnegies. Sandman, your characterization is your typical “I’m an online cunt and I don’t give a shit” slagging of something you know very litte about. There are all kinds of people on the HHH, from air force pilots and engineers, to Chinese language students and English teachers. It’s a very unpretentious and friendly organization, and loads of fun. It’s also one of the best ways to see some beautiful bits of countryside. If you don’t want to join it, good for us. Web don’t need any skirt-wearing gits on the hash![/quote]
That’s why I said they’ve maybe changed since then. But the one I went to was populated by perhaps the most pretentious bunch of wankers it’s ever been my misfortune to run across.[/quote]

OK. May I ask when year it was that you went in?

That’s why I said they’ve maybe changed since then. But the one I went to was populated by perhaps the most pretentious bunch of wankers it’s ever been my misfortune to run across.[/quote]

OK. May I ask when year it was that you went in?[/quote]
If I told you that, I’d have to kill you. Suffice it to say there were no twos, nines or zeroes in the number.

OK. May I ask when year it was that you went in?[/quote]
If I told you that, I’d have to kill you. Suffice it to say there were no twos, nines or zeroes in the number.[/quote]
1885?

Bingo! we have a winner!