Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

As I understand it, you want to do reverse Dry Jan and go from not drinking much to drinking your way through it and posting about it in a thread for people who are going to abstain from alcohol for a month. Of course. That would be really helpful for us as a reminder of what we aren’t missing. That’s very kind of you, TG. You tuck in as much as possible.
Please post about your hangovers, disrupted sleep and other general observations about changes in your health over the month. It would be most helpful.

Day one completed for me. Hopefully the same for the rest of the group. :pray:

4 Likes

Ha, no not at all. I misinterpreted the intent of your OP. Good luck in your quest!

1 Like

On day 2, yesterday afternoon out for a walk popped into a tea shop, coincidentally they do a Chinese medicine liver tea.
Was very nice, gf had stomach tea was disgusting.
Don’t remember name was by old Japanese prison wall here Jinshan S road.
Remains of Taipei Prison Walls 台北監獄北圍牆遺跡

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Hi281LmoXcyEMpyJ6?g_st=ic

I’ll be good no drink until Friday evening be my test, do one weekend without other 3 no problem.

3 Likes

Be careful what you wish for.

1 Like

Sounds delightful.

Yes, that’s definitely the first big hurdle. I’m sure we can do it. :pray:

Not much chance of that I’m afraid.

All this talk makes me think of the Korean haejang guk (해장국, literally 解腸湯 or stomach liberating soup). It doesn’t help with hangovers but it tastes good. Not for vegetarians.

3 Likes

I find alcohol has this effect if I drink too much

3 Likes

Day 2 should be easy. I have covid.

Still doing one screen at a time for the most part.

3 Likes

Looks like a good excuse for a therapeutic whiskey IMO. :whistle:

1 Like

You guys do see the point of this thread, yeah?

1 Like

Good luck, buddy. If it didn’t kill me, it certainly won’t kill you.
I have a bit of the long COVID stuff, but I’m still alive.

1 Like

Yeah, but if there’s no temptation there’s no achievement. I’m just trying to make your dry January experience feel more authentic. :smiling_imp:

More authentic? What are you even talking about? It’s a cleanse, ffs, not AA.

Somebody’s getting tetchy. Never mind. Enjoy the dry January and get well soon.

1 Like

Let’s get back on track.

This’ll work for me today.

3 Likes

I had a bit more than usual night before last, woke up late, with a headache, and spent the day at home feeling groggy. You gents keep it up!

I made it on Jan. 2. Now that I have once and for all established that I am not an alcoholic, I am going back to my usual ways. Still planning to quit by 2050.

Good luck, guys!

I know I’ve been sick, but day two gave me an incredibly restful sleep. Like, got up once to pee…ONCE! :banana:

1 Like

If it were I, I would just drink up everything in the house. stock up on juice, milk, teas, coffees etc and everytime I want to drink, just force feed those drinks instead to force the liquid feeling to go away. Has worked for me in the past and a few friends :slight_smile:

1 Like