Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

Starting on zeros, hopefully keep it up?

1 Like

I did many a Forumosan HH sober, had many wonderful chats that I didn’t forget.

Simply, I’m a better me w/out the booze.

3 Likes

Maybe your friends are boring.

Yes when their sober :rofl: gave me 4 shots of tequila when drunk.

Totally. That seems to be a common issue people have that are struggling to quit an addictive substance, being around the old environment they used it in.

2 Likes

I bet we do。。。

To late remorseful cleanup at first arrise 11am.
Worst part was grated carrot every where!
Good job gf away until tomorrow, seeing that wouldn’t be a gf any longer.
However before she left, told me I was not to do any sweeping or cleaning on Sunday would make bad luck for a year!

1 Like

That was a test…obviously you clean and leave dust in the corners and “innocent clutter” on the furniture…

she lists several other positive changes she’s seen since she stopped drinking:

• Her memory is better. “It’s bad enough being in menopause and not remembering things. But that plus the drinking really clouded my memory,” she says.
  • She’s happier, and she feels like her old self: “People say they can tell I’m not just pretending to be happy anymore. They can tell that I’m actually happy.”
  • She feels better physically. By August 2022, her liver enzymes had gone back to a healthy level and her blood pressure had dropped.
    *** She still takes anxiety medication, but now that she’s not drinking, it’s actually working.**

That last part has me wondering. I take meds for my autoimmune disease, and my doctors have been asking me to cut back on alcohol for years. Just had bloodwork done, and it will be interesting to see if my numbers look better, especially liver function.

5 Likes

I’m in a proper stinky mood today.

I won’t be drinking though. Fuck that noise.

4 Likes

As you know I had few beers on Friday, Saturday I felt bad, ok Sunday so had another drink up, still feeling rough on Wednesday.
Sure case drink regularly or don’t do it at all.
Going for another week off the drink, try for 2 weeks if I can.

5 Likes

That’s surely not the only lesson. :joy:

What is case drink?

Glad everyone is so positive on what is realistically obvious. despite bad moods haha.

I am back on the no drink thing as well after my alloted 3 day plan with certain relatives over the holiday. It is/was annoying as usual drinking with drinkers you dont really like that much. Makes the second run all that much easier as the chemistry and biology of the drink is already so obviously SHIT, that it makes avoiding the only real trigger [social] easy to avoid :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I want to do this but not this month. I’m enjoying my beers this month.

Maybe dry February? I also never liked mainstream trends and stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I drank kaoliang the other day. Damn social triggers! Should have stuck to beer, would have had a much better next morning.

1 Like

Kaoliung is impure garbage I wouldnt feed a tractor. If I am being polite.

2 Likes

I’d be up for that. Shit weather will keep me indoors, so best to have purpose.

4 Likes

What the fuck is that? that looks more like canada than Taiwan…

yuck!

Ya, it’s upstate NY.

ahh ok that makes sense.

It looks so beautiful :slight_smile:

now, do you want a picture of my little backwoods stubble jumping farmyard hickery? The greenery, flowers, blue skies and chirping birds sure are depressing this time of year! :kissing_heart:

(sarcasm)

my second sentence at least