Ducati Desmosedici RR

Well they did it… :smiley:

2 years after announcing the project, Ducati have unveiled their long awaited “MotoGP bike for the masses” during the build up to this weekend’s showstopper MotoGP at the Mugello Circuit in Italy… It is, according to the factory the closest technical specification to a fully fledged MotoGP bike as is possible to release to the public… In essence it’s the nearest thing mere mortals like us will ever come to knowing what it’s like to ride a MotoGP bike… A full scale, hand built desmodromic 16 valve V4 with all the trimmings of it’s rolling prototype, premier class racing sibling…

No official performance figures yet, but almost definitely well over 200bhp with total weight of around 160kg… :help: That should be good for about 320km/h plus between red lights, so not too shabby… Only 400 to be built, so if you want one, you’d better call Claudio quick… budget about half a million Euros, before import duties…

[EDIT: ahh… it seems I misread the decimal on the price, it’s only EU€55,000, a mere NT$2.25million before import tax, cheap at twice the price, I’ll take 2 then, the missus and I can pop down to the 711 on them, smashing… :wink: ]

“budget about half a million Euros, before import duties…”

Damn but those Italian masses have it good.

HG

Stood in awed silence before the shrine…

Cupholders? Hi-Way pegs? Where’s the tai tai to ride?

Ditto…Awesome. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Wow. I never thought this would see the light of day. OMFG. :notworthy:

Dam! That is gorgeous.

quote: “Only 400 to be built, so if you want one, you’d better call Claudio quick”

Knowing the number of rich poser bikers in Taiwan, I’m sure I’ll be seeing a few at Monet soon.

[quote=“MotorcycleRider”]Dam! That is gorgeous.

quote: “Only 400 to be built, so if you want one, you’d better call Claudio quick”

Knowing the number of rich poser bikers in Taiwan, I’m sure I’ll be seeing a few at Monet soon.[/quote]

You’ll be seeing them at Monet and then you’ll be seeing them in million pieces in the shop! :unamused:

right, i have now replaced “house” with “motogp replica” on my “saving for” list. that is one awesome machine.

btw, i saw someone tooling around on a p.smart replica in the mountains outside of xindian a couple of days ago. nice to hear the big ducati thundering through the hills :slight_smile:

999R Owners aparently have first dibbs on buying one. Bella donna!!!

Ducati Desmosedici RR Introduction
June 1st, 2006 The Kneeslider

Ducatisti, open your checkbooks, the Ducati Desmosedici RR is being introduced for reservation now through your Ducati dealer, availability beginning July 2007, with current Ducati 999R owners receiving priority. This motorcycle is the street legal replica of the Ducati ridden by Capirossi and Gibernau. The 989cc 4 cylinder Desmosedici RR engine, with the 102db racing exhaust and dedicated CPU race kit delivers 200+ horsepower. Production will be limited to 400 motorcycles per year.