Dumped/abandoned cars: how many?

In my neighbourhood (central Taipei) every lane has a couple of flat-tired, dirty, and sometimes numberplateless cars. What gives? Some haven’t moved an inch in 2 years. Some are bombs but others are smart little Fiats and a pickups with mags.

Are they too expensive to trash? Or do the owners suffer from too much ‘mei ban fa’ itis? Are the owners dead?

[quote=“Pistol19”]In my neighbourhood (central Taipei) every lane has a couple of flat-tired, dirty, and sometimes numberplateless cars. What gives? Some haven’t moved an inch in 2 years. Some are bombs but others are smart little Fiats and a pickups with mags.

Are they too expensive to trash? Or do the owners suffer from too much ‘mei ban fa’ itis? Are the owners dead?[/quote]

They let the taxes lax until the fines were more than the car is worth. Pretty common all over Taiwan.

I got one of those cars in front of my house. It’s been there over 5 years. The owner put a sign in the window once saying he wanted to sell it for 100,000nt :loco: . It’s an old oldsmobile…like a cutlass or something.

I asked my security guard why hasn’t someone taken it away…he said they came once but the owner got really angry :unamused: :loco: .

At my old school we had a car like that in front…they called the police and they came and took it away. I kept asking my girlfriend to phone for me with regards to the car in front of my house…but she never got around to it.