E-cigarettes/vaporisers legality in Taiwan

I’m moving to Taiwan later this year. I smoke an e-cigarette/vaporiser as I quit smoking but haven’t managed to give up the habit of inhaling nicotine again.

I was wondering if they are used in Taiwan? If so, is it legal to get nicotine containing liquids and if they are readily available to buy here?

I don’t want to start smoking again if possible.

I have 0 experience, but I have a coworker who uses the vapor thingy so i guess it’s not an issue to use it in Taiwan.

I’ve seen quite a number of people using e-cigs here, including a co-worker who uses it sometimes in our no-smoking office. None have gotten in trouble.

Note that what people do in Taiwan has only a distant relationship with what’s legal. I have no idea what the legal situation is for e-cigarettes, but the fact that people use them doesn’t say much about whether or not they’re good things to have in your luggage at customs.

I’ve used e-cigs during my last few trips and I haven’t had any problems. But those were short trips. I believe legally it’s OK for personal use.

If you’re moving there, my concern would be where you’re going to get the liquid from. Anything you can buy in Taiwan is either going to be crap Chinese liquids or expensive imported liquids. I’m not sure how risky it is to ship liquid over from overseas. Might run into issues with customs.

Ok, here, I found some info that might be helpful. It’s a few years old, but check it out:

e-cigarette-forum.com/forum … lp.450707/

And per the link, here’s a Facebook group in Taiwan about vaping though I don’t know if it’s really geared towards newbies with questions:

facebook.com/groups/434786276623765/

My co-worker has no trouble getting the liquids.

It’s illegal in Taiwan.

If you read Chinese: ettoday.net/news/20150715/535662.htm

If you don’t: ecigarette-politics.com/elec … tus-2.html

[quote=“Gain”]It’s illegal in Taiwan.

If you read Chinese: ettoday.net/news/20150715/535662.htm

If you don’t: ecigarette-politics.com/elec … tus-2.html[/quote]

I’ve heard that the ones containing nicotin are illegal…you can still legally buy flavored vapor stuff without nicotin, but then what’s the point? I’m sure a black market will emerge soon enough for nicotin vaporizer liquid.

It appears as though Taiwan has nonsensical laws similar to Australia. In Australia nicotine liquid is illegal (although I don’t think I have ever heard of anyone possessing it ever been charged) as nicotine is dangerous, however, cigarettes are legal and are the major cause of cancer and preventable death in the country :loco: Taxation no doubt plays a massive role.

My main issue was not with a cop arresting me on the street but rather brining some liquid into the country or ordering it in from overseas and then getting arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Not something I would like to happen in Taiwan. :astonished:

Are other nicotine replacement therapies readily available? Such as nicotine gum - ie. nicorette?

[quote=“thebluewhale”]It appears as though Taiwan has nonsensical laws similar to Australia. In Australia nicotine liquid is illegal (although I don’t think I have ever heard of anyone possessing it ever been charged) as nicotine is dangerous, however, cigarettes are legal and are the major cause of cancer and preventable death in the country :loco: Taxation no doubt plays a massive role.

My main issue was not with a cop arresting me on the street but rather brining some liquid into the country or ordering it in from overseas and then getting arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Not something I would like to happen in Taiwan. :astonished:

Are other nicotine replacement therapies readily available? Such as nicotine gum - ie. nicorette?[/quote]

There was a “club” that was importing juice, but the possibility of getting busted became to great for the fella to continue risking it. I was a member for a little over a year, but somehow found my way back to the coffin nails.

Yes gum and dermal patches are available.

However, on Monday of this week, I took myself to the hospital and began welbutrin. They wanted to give me champix, but I had success with Zyban 15 years ago until I moved to Taiwan and couldn’t continue my regimen. I wanted to stay with welbutrin as it had a completely positive effect on my life. Today is day 4 and while I am fully aware that it probably takes longer for my body to start accepting the medicine, I woke up this morning without a raging desire to smoke. Been up two hours and still don’t want one.

Side note, I had to get the Dr. to treat me for “occasional depressive tendencies” in order to get the bubpropian over the champix, which is a blessing as they will not expect me to show up weekly at the hospital to blow into the nicolyzer. I can get a month of meds at a time and for only 400NT.

Please Please Please let this be the end of it.

Just stop smoking.

All mental. Try Allan Carr method.

[quote=“OrangeOrganics”]Just stop smoking.

All mental. Try Allan Carr method.[/quote]

Yeah I read one of his books. It didn’t work.

There is strong mental aspect to addiction to smoking. However, science has also strongly proven that nicotine causes physical dependency and withdrawal.

[quote=“thebluewhale”][quote=“OrangeOrganics”]Just stop smoking.

All mental. Try Allan Carr method.[/quote]

Yeah I read one of his books. It didn’t work.

There is strong mental aspect to addiction to smoking. However, science has also strongly proven that nicotine causes physical dependency and withdrawal.[/quote]

Suppose different things work for different people. I used to smoke 20 a day and gave up with the book. Physical effects wear off after three days and then its just mental.

Selling vaporizers or juice is illegal, but owning and using them is fine. I got pulled over on my motorbike a few months ago and the cop said “You can’t smoke on your bike!”, and I said “I’m not, it’s an e-cigarette”, and we had a brief and silly argument about whether that counted or not.

I’ve also brought mine openly in and out of the country dozens of times, with no issues.

PM me for a reliable online store that takes ATM payment and delivers locally in a couple of days (can I say that?)

According to the Taipei Times article cited in the link above, you would have been in trouble making the same argument indoors.

Looking at the latest schedule of controlled drugs nicotine doesn’t seem to be there. If that is the case, would it not remove any worry regarding importing e liquids?

http://www.fda.gov.tw/EN/lawContent.aspx?id=1229&chk=7db74053-59f6-4622-a8ab-7369aad85871&param=pn=1&cid=5061&cchk=91ee4473-4458-4549-90e7-043c76d17779&subClassifyID=&pClass1=

There’s a vape shop operating in the open now down in Gongguan (next to the icecream shop IC Airport on the road back toward the water park), and I’ve heard of another in the middle of town (RenAi circle or thereabouts). I think the trick is that they only sell nicotine-free juice. They do seem to sell pipes, though.

If Taiwan can tolerate a bong shop with a huge CANNABIS sign operating in the open, it can probably tolerate shops selling vape gear.

hi i am moving to taiwan this may 2018 … can i carry my vaporiser thrught customs