E-Filling Supplementary Documents

It’s May 1 so tax season has officially arrived. :')

Second time filling taxes here. I did it in-person last year but was feeling sleepless and wanted to try the online filling this time around. I was able to successfully file my taxes thru the web portal and they asked me to send them some supplementary documents.

I don’t have any overseas income, does that mean that I just have to send them a copy of my employment contract? TIA!

I might be misremembering, but I thought that didn’t show up if you only have local income? All my income is overseas, but I helped a friend file online last year and her supplementary documents without overseas income were just a signed copy of her passport or something like that.

Did you enter something on the income page to indicate you had overseas income, or is this perhaps because that was the case for the last tax year?

If you don’t send the supplementary docs, nothing happens :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nope, didn’t enter anything about overseas income so I’m pretty confused myself

What I don’t understand is why do we need to send documents through mail when applying online? In Australia I would log in with my phone. Check if everything is correctly entered and add in a few deductions. Done.

With this it is not that it is too complicated to understand… It is just so painstakingly annoying.

1 Like

Agreed… Thought I could save myself the hassle of going to the tax bureau but nope -,-

Well you could go to the post office and send them this stuff.

Still destroys the idea of filing an “Ereturn”

Yeah I hear you. Taiwan is about 20 years behind.

1 Like