Early contract renewal?

I dumped my galaxy s2 in the bog… I still have a few months left on my contract. Instead of buying a new phone, maybe I can renew my contract with Taiwan mobile. Can you get an early renewal for your contract?

When the iPhone 4 was released in Taiwan, I wanted to buy it even though I still had about a year left on my iPhone 3GS contract. At first they told me no, it was impossible. I told them that was crazy and that there must be a way. Eventually, what they did is sign me up for another contract that starts after my first one finished. So my existing contract ended 3GS in November 2011, and then my iPhone 4 contract started. Assuming they can also do this for you, just choose your phone wisely. Because you’ll be stuck with it for a long time.

The above makes sense. I don’t see how you can renew a contract if it hasn’t ended without paying out the remainder of the contract or having the remaining time added to your new contract. You may be able to “break” the existing contract, pay the outstanding amount and then sign up for a new one.