Early Goodbye

Some of you will be away for Chinese New Year. So, I will tell everyone now. I am leaving Taiwan, not Forumosa.com, after Chinese New Year. For good. My family and I are heading home to New Zealand.

It’s been a great Seven Years In Taiwan, hey, that sounds like a movie. Well, it will be a blog www.sevenyearsintaiwan.blogspot.com , that I will start once I get home. Don’t go there yet, it’s blank. I just put it up before someone steals the name. :wink:

I will miss this place, the good and the bad. I will especially miss being able to touch base with all of you on a regular basis. Forumosa.com has made a HUGE difference to my experience in Taiwan. Please support it.

I’d like to thank Maoman, Gus, and all those that make this place what it is.

To all of you that I have met in person, my life is richer for having all of you in my life. Special thanks to that guy in YingGe that gave me the push that helped me finish on a high note, JDsmith, I wish that there were more people like you on this earth.

Okami, I don’t know if you’re posting here still, but man, still can’t believe that you rode from Taipei to have coffee with me.

Spack, I know you don’t use that name anymore but I am not going to out you, I’ll miss you guys, and I know for sure that my Mrs. will remember your boy for some time to come.

All the local forumosans from down here and people that I’ve led and worked with. Thanks for making the labor worthwhile and helping me to build something special. Make it last.

Mr. He, I just know you’re going to make it big. If you’re ever in NZ, give me a call, we’ll do coffee or coffee bags. :wink:

All the guys that make me laugh on here… Sandman, RichardM… etc. You guys still owe me a keyboard. Spitting coffee doesn’t do much good to a keyboard.

Tigerman, you’ve really made your mark. Your style online inspired me to get my crap together. Debating with you sparked my mind to life again. I’ve never met you, I regret, (no regrets), … that’s unfortunate. I am sure that my time in Taiwan would have been all the richer for meeting you.

Durins Bane… ah, my source of inspiration. It’s all about the money. :slight_smile: Seriously though, your success has inspired me.

I am sure that I am forgetting some people here. I am sure, no doubt, that they will be posting in a moment or two.

Relax, I’ll be adding to the thread as we go along. I’ll still be around, perhaps not active anymore, but you can’t keep me away from this place, the site that is.

Bassman,

Believe it or not I was about to start a “Goodbye Bassman” thread within the next hour.

I couldn’t think of how I wanted to get it going.

[quote]
To all of you that I have met in person, my life is richer for having all of you in my life. Special thanks to that guy in YingGe that gave me the push that helped me finish on a high note, JDsmith, I wish that there were more people like you on this earth.[/quote]

I am humbled by this. You talk the talk and walk the walk my friend. You deserve a medal. :notworthy:

There will be a gaping hole of knowledge and willpower in your little village for sure.

God bless you and your wonderful family. :slight_smile:

My hope was that you could’ve gotten up North to meet your brethren and basked in the glow for a bit.

I know you have it already, but

peace brother

jdsadtoseeyougo

Best of luck to ya, mate! :rainbow:

The very best of luck and good fortune to you. I hope you’ll continue to drop in here now and again to let us know how things pan out. It’s been a pleasure “knowing” you.

When exactly will you be in the airport bassman?

Erm, not exactly the sort of thing that I’d post. How’s about a PM

Sorry we never met. But I do feel a loss. May your new beginning have many signs of blessing to come.

God Bless
God Speed

Nama

Best of luck with your move Bassman.

Hoping to read about it,

bobepine

Godd luck Bassie. One piece of advice - stay away from them sheep…they’re adictive.

Baaaa

L. :smiley:

It will be great to get updates on how you settle back in to NZ.

Best of luck, Bassman.

Please do continue to drop by Forumosa and update us about the move back.

Also, if you have time at some point, maybe you could share with us some of the things you learned during your seven years in Taiwan. I think this could be very valuable.

Take care, and, once again, all the best.

Bassman -
Good Fortune and God Bless to you and your family.

Goodbye Boss Hogg. I hope you go fishing and catch a lot of bass.

A whole bunch of new adventures for you…right on.

Best of luck and keep in touch.

Best wishes for a successful re-entry! Your chapter on Taiwan may be coming to a close, but I hope that you don’t forget your fellow Forumosans. It would be a pity if we dropped out of contact just because you’ve moved off the island. :sunglasses:

Good luck! I hope your new ventures in NZ will be successful.

Glad to hear that you’ll still drop in on Forumosa some times. I enjoy your posts. One Road Smooth Wind.

Jeez, you’re leaving Taiwan without ever having set a foot in here? :wink:

Always wanted to meet the Bassman … so, now I won’t have the chance … but I always could come to NZ and open a Belgian cafe :laughing:

Well … good luck to you in your new live …

Why are you leaving Taiwan?
Is it to pursue a career as a Nick Cage lookalike? :slight_smile:

[quote=“TomHill”]Why are you leaving Taiwan?
Is it to pursue a career as a Nick Cage lookalike? :slight_smile:[/quote]

coffee
spray
screen

:fume:

[quote=“TomHill”]Why are you leaving Taiwan?
Is it to pursue a career as a Nick Cage lookalike? :slight_smile:[/quote]

I dunno, he’s not doing too bad.

We have one thing in common…

But my wife is hotter.

Ok, we have more than one thing in common.
I’ll probably have his hairline by 40.
I’d wear those clothes :blush: and that buckle :blush: :blush:
I’d snap up a woman half my age if I were 40. Now I’m 30, so that’s not going to happen. (but, since I am already married, that won’t happen anyway)
He’s tall… I think tall
He’s rich… I think rich
He’s famous… I am famous in DaJia
He has chest hair… so do I.