Early Goodbye

Actually, there are a number of reasons for going home.

1. My dad has been having a bit of heart trouble. I want him to spend time with my boys.

2. I can see a future of endless study and cram schools for my boys and I don’t want that. They deserve sports and all that great Kiwi stuff.

3. The Mrs. wanted to go to NZ before they need to be soldiers. I figure that I’d be too old to do something new then and too young to do nothing.

4. I’m tired. The hours here are killing me, literally. I love my work, a little too much. I need a country where the boss will tell you to go home, and a place where I am not the boss.

5. I can make a great future anywhere.

I love Taiwan, sometimes more than my real home. It’s going to be tough…

Oops, no. 6

1. I need to eat some real food for a while.

Ok, it’s not going to be tough. It’ll be SWEET (without the sugar … I am diabetic)

Dear confused,
I think you mean that you have [color=green]2[/color] things in common. Namely, the schnozz and that you both have female companions. Though yours apparently has a higher core temperature than Mr Cage’s.

[quote=“TomHill”]Dear confused,
I think you mean that you have [color=green]2[/color] things in common. Namely, the schnozz and that you both have female companions. Though yours apparently has a higher core temperature than Mr Cage’s.[/quote]

There’s more, check my edit in the original post…

Why’d you have to mention the schnozz? :smiley:

I wonder if Mr Cage’s Mrs. is as tough as mine.

All the best Bassman.

You were more active a couple of years ago when I was a lurker here, so thanks for the advice I read back before logged on.

I am in Aotearoa right this second for a couple of weeks. Bring a jacket, it’s a bit fresh right now.
I am proud of you for making the move back. It’s a different town than it was 7 years ago - just remember it’s not that everyone else has changed, but you brother.

Take care.

Good luck bro. All the best, even though I never actually got to meet you. Just make sure you buy a bloody good heater for winter…

Bassman, good luck for the future. I hope your father recovers from the heart trouble.

Bassman,
Wishing you all the very best, and as many others have said, do keep in touch and let us know how everything goes!

bassman + joesax = a huge missed opportunity.

IronButt and myself were down your way a couple of months ago looking for a PU supplier, drove into central Tachia and thought to ourselves “Damn, we could hook up with Bassman while we are here” Sadly we had our Local engineer along and couldn’t stay.

Thought there’d be a next time, but I guess not.

Good luck with your return, if your mark back home is anything like you’ve made for yourself in your local sphere here, then I have no doubt life will prove fruitful for you.

Safe and interesting next step to you,

MJB

I want Bassman to go through his old posts and pick out the winners.

The bass of the bass of the best.

Cheers Bassman. All the best and good luck with all your future ventures back in good old New Zealand.

Great to see you again today bassman!

I had to check and make sure, though. You look nothing like Nick Cage. :smiling_imp:

Mmm…chest hair…

Ahem, uh, sorry, what were we talking about again?

Off to chase Bo and Luke? We’ll sure miss ya 'round here.

Mmm…chest hair…

Ahem, uh, sorry, what were we talking about again?

Off to chase Bo and Luke? We’ll sure miss ya 'round here.[/quote]

Why on earth would I chase Bo and Luke. It is more fun chasing Daisy.

best of luck mate. you are moving back for all the right reasons, and as such it can be nothing but a tremendous success for you and your family.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Great to see you again today bassman!

I had to check and make sure, though. You look nothing like Nick Cage. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

So that was the ‘real’ reason then.

It was a pleasure as always talking with JD. Shame there weren’t a few more of the Forumosa brotherhood to eat lunch with. You guys missed a shout out on the school. :smiley:

Bassman - sorry I never got round to meeting you in person as I had always intended to.
Best of luck for the future - both for yourself and your family.

Adam

Blessings on your house, Bassman.
Glad you’ll be hanging around forumosa, if not the island.

Take care Bassman - hope things work out, which they are sure to do.

Steel yourself for handling the reverse culture chock, and your wife’s culture chock yourself. Initially, your children will do best, kids adapt easier.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Update coming over this week.

Reverse culture shock is real.

Some nasty airport happenings. No, not the rubber glove.

Ok, I’ve got an interview to get to for the job of my life.

See you all on the updates.