Earthquakes 2002

Haven’t felt anything here … (from the Ilan earthquake), perhaps I was still sleeping?

Is this a wind up, have not felt a thing and i normally do ?
:blush:

What time was that second one in Ilan??? I woke up suddenly at about 430am, but I didn’t think it was a quake that roused me!

So what was it? Come on, tell us … ! :smiley: :wink:

I live on the 12th floor and it sure was scary… ! It felt more like a vertical motion than a sway…

I think next month’s gonna be another earthquake month… Damn, shoulda bought that climbing rope I saw when I bought those dumbells–might need it.

Yeah, some swaying woke me up again this morning, and my cats were sitting there with their ears perked up. I was too out of it from the Happy Hour and ‘after happy hour’ session to get too nervous about it though…and I’m on the 23rd floor!

Do you mean me? I only predict real strong earthquakes, not little wobbles like that.

Hey follks:

The quake is rocking TW almost every day, check this out:

http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V3.0e/content/seismic-eng-content.htm

So watch out! :shock:

Wow. How weird is that. I sort of hazily remember it; I had fallen asleep on the chesterfield again and the doG was freaking out. But I thought it was all a dream… Pretty substantial, however. Hmmm… wonder what IS brewing? Maybe I should send moolah home again; the rate seems to drop after such things… :shock:

OK, it is now 2 a.m. on 17 September, and I am tentatively predicting a tremor strong enough to feel in northern Taiwan withing the next 24 hours. “Tentatively” and “tremor” rather than “quake” because my canine assistant Feifei was merely reluctant to come in after her walk, rather than flat-down refusing.

[color=red]Failure![/color] :? I’ll have to wait for clearer signs next time - Or is Feifei losing her talent as she gets older?

Good doggie!

Despite my failure three days ago, I am going to stick my neck out and make the same prediction again - an earthquake strong enough to feel in northern Taiwan some time in the next 24 hours.

Juba at Friday lunchtime.

Apologies. Due to a general shift in the dog’s behavioral patterns, I now have to reset my earthquake prediction parameters.

Juba, you were right, but a bit off target.
It was your homelandthat got shaken this time…

Must have scared the daylights of them little old ladies.

[quote=“Alien”]Juba, you were right, but a bit off target.
It was your homelandthat got shaken this time…[/quote]
Yeah, my dad felt that in Milton Keynes. He said he thought his house had been hit by a truck.

There was a little quake just now (Christmas Day about 3 pm.) Felt like it was near to Taibei, but weak, because we felt the up-and-down bit.

[quote=“Juba”][quote=“Alien”]Juba, you were right, but a bit off target.
It was your homelandthat got shaken this time…[/quote]
Yeah, my dad felt that in Milton Keynes. He said he thought his house had been hit by a truck.

There was a little quake just now (Christmas Day about 3 pm.) Felt like it was near to Taibei, but weak, because we felt the up-and-down bit.[/quote]

I felt nothing, but I’ve also been enjoying a little Christmas flatulence today. Perhaps I timed one just right. :slight_smile:

I feel nothing either. Advise everybody to start shaking leg fiercefully to prevent earthquake effect:)

Shaking leg is bad habit according to chinese customs.
girls shake’s a bitch
boy’s shakes’ a bump.

no…let’s change that now at the turn of times…
shake it just to prevent earthquake:)

regards

ax

Well I most certainly felt it. :shock:

Juba, that’s quite a diverse group your father worked with: Dusty Springfield, Stan Getz, the King’s Singers, and Johnny Nash. :sunglasses:

I did too. Like a kick in the back, that first jolt was.