Universal Time (UTC): 25 Jan 2007 10:59:17
Time near the Epicenter: 25 Jan 2007 18:59:17
Local time in your area: 25 Jan 2007 10:59:17

Location with respect to nearby cities:
78 km (48 miles) E (99 degrees) of T’ai-tung, Taiwan
155 km (96 miles) SSE (167 degrees) of Hua-lien, Taiwan
168 km (104 miles) E (89 degrees) of Kao-hsiung, Taiwan
895 km (556 miles) N (6 degrees) of MANILA, Philippines[/code]

You are sitting on decent ground…The rest of the basin boys are liquifaction victims waiting to happen. :smiling_imp:

Anyone else feel a little bumpity bump a minute ago (11:05ish) or am I just overly sensitized to the trucks passing by after the one earlier this evening?

Slight wibble in XinYi, Taipei.

My cats are horribly nervous tonight, running up and down like they do when an earthquake strikes. They’ve got me scared thinking there will be bigger shocks. Let’s see if their instints are right tomorow.

Sure hope your cats are wrong for everyone’s sake but I feel a bit the same way myself. For me it might be too much caffeine behind it - what about your cats? Did you leave a saucer of coffee out for them?

My wife, local, was suggesting for the first timeto go outside. Not that it felt so big as the one from a few months ago, but it seems to be intuition. She must be a cat. :smiley:

LOL. No, but they were acting up all evening, didn’t even get their nightly massage. Actually, only one of them goes Garfield and sticks her whiskers in my coffee :laughing:

And there is nothing wrong about that

“Everybody wants to be a cat, because a cat’s the only cat who knows where it’s at”

However, so far they’ve been wrong (knock on wood).

well my two persian cats dint have a single CLUE bout quakes at any time they were in Taiwan. INcluding the huge 921 quake.

Got the best advice from my HR director.
“if you want to be warned of a major earthquake heading this way, look at the earth”. “if the worms are coming out, the earth will quake within 15 minutes”

Asking if it would work If i put some worms in a box filled with earth on the 22nd floor of our office he looked at me and shaked his head…

The hell, like I will go downstairs each 15 minutes to spot occuring worms?

They are persian … not Taiwanese :wink:

They are persian … not Taiwanese :wink:[/quote]

HAHA you may have something there

Stop it! Stop it!

edit: what the hell? Is it just my building doing the shimmy?

[quote=“ceevee369”]Got the best advice from my HR director.
“if you want to be warned of a major earthquake heading this way, look at the earth”. “if the worms are coming out, the earth will quake within 15 minutes”[/quote]
On an episode of Rocky & Bullwinkle, it was revealed that many earthquakes are, in fact, worm stampedes.

Did you feel that?

Was I the only one that felt that? Subtle, but just checking in case I am coming down with something.

Did I feel a small quake just about a minute ago …?

I thought so too.

Slight shakin’ …