Earthquakes 2018

Quitter!

Enjoy your 100.0 quake !

The one last night started as I just came home, twisting and bending the room, moving up and down a bit, almost like 1999, just a little less.

Ridiculous.

Drew get out while you still can

I think itā€™s more simple than that:

1. there could be minor, really tiny quakes
  2. there are other sources of movement, including your own body

After a big earthquake you pay more attention to these things, and yeah, sometimes itā€™s hard to tell, and sometimes you just think there might be something moving even if itā€™s not, because you are overthinking it

I had 2 bottles of beer and nearly a tea cup of vodka before going to sleep, didnā€™t feel any quakes during the night.

4 Likes

Yes, but how many times did you have to get up to pee?

2 Likes

My alpha-bladder isnā€™t concerned about such trivial issues.

Of the two collapsed buildings in Hualien, the tilted building also hasā€¦ had a hotel on the second and third floor.

The buildingā€™s photo on Agoda

The hotelā€™s official website:
http://www.beauty-inn.com.tw/

Since the building suffered severe structural damage, the hotel levels is where most people are trapped in. However, they are still unable to obtain a list of guests for the night, and canā€™t be sure how many people are in need of rescue.

1 Like

Looks like the only damaged building in a wide area. More tales of illegal construction cutting corners on safety?

No more aftershocks in the last 1,5h. It finally stopped or something is building up.

1 Like

Some reports say that the buildingā€™s built on a fault line. Itā€™s also the only high rise in that entire neighbourhood, so thatā€™s probably true.

If thatā€™s the case then someone should look into who approved it.

How does it manage to stay tilted? Whatā€™s supporting it?

Steel support placed to prevent the building to topple on the rescue team.

3 Likes

I noticed the same thing. And I hope itā€™s the finally stopped option.

Here we go again!

No. Taiwan time Magnitude Depth (km) Location
Local 02/07 15:00 | 3.3 | 15.9 | 24.05N 121.59E, i.e. 7.8 km NNW of Hualien County

Didnā€™t feel that one at all. And no, I havenā€™t been day drinking.

stop day drinking

What part of ā€œnoā€ do you not understand!? Typical maleā€¦