Earthquakes 2018

Yeah, pretty impressive. Are you sure you don’t want to see more impressive things?

I saw that too. The first shot is the one you see as you’re driving past on the perpendicular road. It was just a couple of seconds but it was so bizarre and scary to see in person, even for that brief period.

1 Like

The building in Jesus’s pictures looks like the one where most people died, and where the remaining two bodies are still trapped in cement.

I hope there are no legal obstacles to its demolition, meaning the awful $*&(@?+! landowner who gave the rescue teams wrong information and owns the huoguo restaurant and the 3 floor hostel is not also fighting this. They were supposed to get those remaining bodies out before CNY. I am surprised to see the building, any of those tilting buildings, still standing. Can anyone confirm which is this one? The Marshal hotel - the one with multicolored windows- has already been taken down and cleared.

Marshall hotel taken down and cleared already? That is moving fast !!

getting rid of the evidence of poor construction before any inquiry is possible.

1 Like

I thought the same but I guess that isn’t necessarily the case.

Well, it was 40 years old, badly damaged, single owned. Nearby houses were at Rusk because of the tilted massive structure.

So that is why I am concerned about the remaining building. Ok, it is homes over the hostel, several owners. But the homes nearby are in danger, the thing can fall anytime an aftershock strikes.

Whoah! What was that?

Guy

holy hell anyone?

Another? Taipei beitou

wow, big one

the exact day i get back into yilan too jesus christ

That was bizarre

Violence!

Well that was super sharp and sudden in Danshui.

weird! verticle shaking

2 Likes

That was the strangest earthquake, loads of waves spaced tightly together…

That was the most violent one i have felt…

Very slight in Taichung.

that was a bit scary