Earthquakes 2018

Worth it! Love that place!

For something closer, have you been to Ed’s Diner? They also have great southern (USA) barbecue!

Haven’t been there, it’s been on my list, but @marasan also says the ribs there are awesome.

1 Like

Yes, very good! Ask for the spicy sauce. Use your hands. Get some beer. Life is good!

1 Like

How did we get from earthquakes to ribs with spicy sauce? Not that I’m complaining…

1 Like

+1

And get the BBQ beans for your side.

1 Like

Boom! I definitely felt that one… 5:43 p.m.

Oh boi that One happened just as i was reading this Thread. Ironic

Tianmu

First one in the new apartment. 6F, Daan. Definitely felt it.

1 Like

A la gran fruta!!!

Your housewarming earthquake…how thoughtful. :wink:

I’m on B1 eating, felt nothing. So if you don’t want to feel earthquakes, move to the basement.

Ok, who had the beans?

1 Like

She who smelt it dealt it.

4.8 yilan
2 Taipei

That is not the problem.

The problem is depth: 87 kms. meaning major fault. meaning more shaking in store. That was a jolt like movement. Some gear stuck down there.

So far, all quakes have been on the surface. This one is deep. me no likey.

Yeah, it was just one up-down jolt…like when you step off the curb without realizing it. Not pleasant. This is all getting a little unnerving, even for a California native like me.

Ok, Please explain to me as someone who experienced his first earthquake january this year, Why These Current quakes are so special and unnerving

ELI5 PLS

But the coleslaw is just average.

1 Like

Earthquakes have always been part of life in Taiwan, but I don’t recall them ever occurring so frequently within such a short period of time. Of course, living through the 9/21 earthquake in 1999 was a whole nother level of scary.

Ehm…it’s basically the opposite…
Shallow quakes are the most dangerous because the released energy reaches the surface (us) almost immediately, while the waves of earthquakes happening deep down need to travel dozens of kilometers and lose intensity.