Earthquakes 2018

Well, that makes me feel a bit better.

They had taught us in the ol country that shallow quakes were local faults, and taht deeper quakes signales the huge Pacific Ring of Fire plates moving. Cocos and Caribe in our part of the world, for instance.

1 Like

Ummm… I’m in Yilan currently (luodong) in bed studying and I didn’t feel this one. Wtf

5.2 in Chiayi/Tainan area. Felt down here in Kaohsiung.

Thought that was indigestion, but I guess not. Good news…

I was not dreaming… My drink was really shaking

072 03/20 17:22 5.2 17.9
23.31N 120.54E, i.e. 30.7 km ESE of Chiayi County

Sorry guys, that might have been me walking over to the fridge to get another beer!

:beers: Bring one for me. Always need a brew to calm the nerves after a tremblor!

1 Like

I like Chicago. Their Greek salad is great. They need to figure out their beer sitch though. Beer is better at Chicago, but you can’t eat BBQ and have a beer from next door. Fail!

1 Like

What does this have to do with earthquakes in Taiwan?

Guy

1 Like

Same owners and Chicago is also a bar so I don’t know why that would be difficult.

Ha, ha! We’ve gone off topic several times in this thread. The two places did encoutner some problems after the Hualien earthquake, though. To the point where they’re wondering whether they’ll be able to keep their doors open for much longer. I really, really hope that doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

4.8 just now 23.6km ESE of Yilan. Just a bit of a wobble here, 3 days after I return to Taiwan…doh!!!

Who is there!!!?

Don’t worry, all the cows are safe.

Oh well, that’s great.

I felt it too.

Je suis vache

From your language, I’d say you’re a frog.

Looks like most activity lately has shifted northward. This last one apparently shifted some icons around.

Wow. Building jumping up and down in Taichung.

4.8 and only 5.2 km deep

quake