Earthquakes 2018

Noob

1 Like

Here in hualien I could see the scooters shaking on the street, but inside the lunch place people barely noticed

Heading out to taroko now, hope they havenā€™t closed if or anything due to landslides

Does anyone dream earthquake sensations? Sometimes when I dream I can feel that swaying like itā€™s really happening. It always shocks me out of sleep.

One time I dreamt I was in a really tall building that started toppling over to one side. My subconscious simulated the feeling in my body really well even though thatā€™s never happened to me irl.

3 Likes

That happened to me when I just arrived on the rock many years ago

ā€œfalling dreamsā€ are very common. Often accompanied by involuntary muscle spasm

Iā€™ve had falling dreams before but this was a distinct tilting feeling. It was kind of thrilling.

Why would you want a passport? Of what actual use is a passport as the walls come a tumblinā€™ down?

n00b

passport to heaven

1 Like

Youā€™re just saying that because you have an NZ passport.

2 Likes

horse heaven la! I am sure they check.

1 Like

I had that after the 1999 earthquake, which was a whole other kind of experience.
Lasted 2 years from time to time, sometimes not even needed to sleep, just sitting a a chair or so.
Strangely, after that, quakes donā€™t do much to me any more, hardly wake up at real ones, sitting them out during daytime.
Cats are more excited sometimes than meā€¦

I know, it is embarrassing. In my defense the quake stopped before I could fish out an envelope of cash I keep for emergencies, too. Was close, though. :anguished:

I think I was actually here for that one. I was a kid at the time and slept through it. I only realized it had happened when my mom woke me up because it persisted for so long that she was getting ready to move my bedridden grandfather under the kitchen table. But by that point it had stopped.

What you need is a digging tool and water and a whistle.

Yeah. And a drink.

And a tab of very strong acid.

1 Like

In Mr. Edā€™s defense, since 9/21 my wife has always kept a fully stocked BOB at the ready.
She goes in and changes out the bottled water and crackers a couple times a year.

Gonna build me a bug out bag, too. With a whistle.

Wise woman.

Do you have baked beans in it?

And a copy of Astral Weeks?

Yes.

No.
Moondance.