Earthquakes 2018

It may be time to make a tactical retreat to the Whiskey thread. :sunglasses:

When was that?

Earlier one was 31km deep, latest one 10km deep.

Screenshot_20181024-064742

Lovely. They are increasing in strength.

Iā€™m embarrassed to say I slept thru it :man_farmer:

I was awake but it didnā€™t feel very strong in yilan. I wasnā€™t sure if it was my wife moving in bed or an earthquake.

I wouldnā€™t have worded it that wayā€¦

1 Like

I told her the exact same words and she thought it was cute!

10km is a shallow quake , shallow quakes being more dangerous of course. Stay safe !

What is the shallowest an earthquake in the sea near taiwan can get (say 100 km away from coast)? How deep is the sea floor?

Iā€™m actually a bit envious of you guys getting quakes (okay ā€œenviousā€ isnā€™t the right word). In Kaohsiung I havenā€™t felt a quake in almost 2 years, which makes me worried thereā€™s too much pent-up energy and the next one will be a really big one.

Thatā€™s the so called ā€œIconā€™s disasterā€ theory :

A) no earthquakes for a while? Not good, next one will be big
B) some earthquakes? Something is building up, not good

Itā€™s like schrodinger 's cat, except no matter the outcome you can be sure the cat in the box dropped a turd.
It works for typhoons as well, and the typhoon thread was the first place where It was actually theorized.

7 Likes

@icon has killed us so many times that I started to believe that we are indeed dead and Taiwan is the Purgatory.

5 Likes

I agree with A but not B. And in life in general (not just disasters): flatulence, lack of sex, no booze for a while, etc.

In the case of B, youā€™re releasing energy and avoiding the big one, again in many instances in life.

1 Like

No sex for a while? Next one will be quick.

Yes, but with many aftershocks. Okay, I donā€™t know what that means.

I was going to open a thread in the language forum for asking if ā€œburst fuckā€ would make sense but i know that someone would feel compelled to take it down just to make me complain (I know they are addicted to my complaints but I am not an easy girl. Nor a girl. Neither easy. I have troubles with English. Does ā€œburst fuckā€ make sense? Oh god, Iā€™m trapped in a parenthesis).

I think the correct medical term would be ā€œ2 fast 2 semenā€, but I studied biology long ago.

Bring in the fembots! Theyā€™ll rock your world.

So she can detect earthquakes, make some sexy dance and maybe even prepare sandwiches after a firmware update, while not complaining about the patriarchy ???

download%20(8)

1 Like