Earthquakes 2021

It was an up and down jolt here in Wanhua. Glad it lasted only a few seconds. And yeah, whatever happened to that alert system?

3 Likes

Google says Puli

2 Likes

Felt it in Taichung, very short and sharp.

I don’t love getting the panicked buzzing of the presidential alerts, but I really hate everything shaking without getting any warning (Songshan, Taipei)

5.6 and 40.9 ENE Of Nantou County Hall.

It seemed normal for me, although my earthquake-sensing tea egg didn’t move as much as usual.

3 Likes

It felt like a single but strong sudden push in Hsinchu.

Nantou, in September…memories of 9/21 (although I wasn’t here then)

1 Like

I am in Nantou :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah. Me and my tea egg are in Taipei.

Felt like driving over train tracks

2 Likes

As always, I am in the non-earthquake bubble.

I’m in Kaohsiung (7th floor of an old building), and I felt it here, although several seconds AFTER the person I was talking to in Taoyuan did. It lasted a really long time, that same rocking/ swaying motion as the one last week.
Two earthquakes in quarantine! Fun…

1 Like

You say it as if it was a bad thing… :grin:

1 Like

Taichung, didn’t feel anything.

North coast - felt nothing

Wouldn’t mind a bit more excitement in my life. First this Typhoon disappointment then this. I had my phone ready for spectacular footage to send to friends in Canada this weekend.

@IbisWtf what gives?

I am so sorry to inform that aftershocks might be expected.

Please please do not pull a Mexico, 2021!

CWB doesn’t expect a bigger earthquake later (link in Chinese, but this about sums it up).

As for the exact cause, Chen Guochang said that it is difficult to clearly determine that it is more likely to be an occasional release of sexual energy, but it is not a precursor to a major earthquake.

Courtesy of google translate.

8 Likes