Earthquakes 2022

you did. I made a new topic while you guys ran to 2021.

I hereby grant @andrew the first post award.

:medal_sports:

Though the forum doesn’t count seconds. So both say the same minute.

7 Likes

Intensity 4 in several parts of Taipei, New Taipei and Yilan. Now wonder things rocked.

That was a huge one. I felt the vertical foreshock, and immediately switched to my outdoor shoes, and that gave me about 40 seconds to walk to the stairwell. Haven’t had one this big in a while. Hope everyone on the East coast are alright.

2 Likes

That would be grounds for an emergency evacuation of a Quarantine Hotel?

1 Like

Oh great! I thought that you might have beaten me to it in a new thread, but the timing of mine and @Steve4nLanguage’s posts seemed dubious. I gratefully accept the award and thank you for your honesty! :grin:

2 Likes

I have no idea. I’m out of quarantine now.

3 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! Here’s a major earthquake to deal with!

2 Likes

Holy crap, I was in the lift /elevator and it made a groaning noise and started bouncing around. Not gonna lie, I was scared. Got into my 11th floor apartment (legs quite wobbly) and a few things had fallen off the countertops.

11 Likes

I was thinking about it - but then I think no-one here moved out…

I didn’t feel anything.

2 Likes

Not a big deal of course, but I think the forum has to count seconds, no? It seems like only recording post times to the nearest minute would lead to problems. I guess it’s just not visible in the admin view?

Incidentally, I downloaded my user history a couple of weeks ago, and that does display post times to the thousandth of a second:

times

1 Like

Didn’t feel a thing in Kaohsiung.

Absolutely it does, but it’s not visible here when I click on the time on our posts. Both say 17.47

1 Like

Er…

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID…?

2 Likes

Being in a Lift/Elevator is the one place I wouldn’t want to be.

2 Likes

probably the worst thing to do.

Better to stay where you are and ride it out. The urge to run is strong, but wait until it’s over.

I did on the ninth floor of my building. But it felt like a minor sway, nothing like what it sounds like up north. Noticeable enough that I brought it up with my coworker.

You may well have beaten me then, actually! I was quite late in the minute, at 17:47:48.972.

You shouldn’t run outside during a major earthquake. There are far more “stuff” outside that can fall on you… signs, windows, glass panes, pots, etc.

You are much safer inside.

1 Like

My Sub feed on YouTube.

You know, We coulda used that video half an hour ago, ABC.