Earthquakes 2024

Foreign tourists rescued

3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s probably ‘on sale’ now.

I stayed a night at the hotel that was there before they built the big Formosa Taroko, in which I stayed several times too, huge upgrade tho.

1 Like

Tread with caution on those topics…

3 Likes

Wait you mean there were some discussions and controversies? I must have missed them. :upside_down_face:

Guy

3 Likes

on forumosa? no chance.

3 Likes

That is a horrific experience. One more place I don’t feel the need to revisit!

1 Like

Shakadang is a wonderful trail, and a connector too for the Dali / Datong Indigenous communities deeper into the hills.

But yeah being there while rocks are coming down on one’s head . . . not great. At least that guy made it out, unlike another missing hiker who was found and confirmed dead, I believe on the Zhuoliu trail, bringing the confirmed death toll up to ten.

Guy

2 Likes

‘Doomsday fish’ that predicts disaster caught shortly before Taiwan earthquake | Watch (msn.com) :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They should have put it back.

4 Likes

Taiwan on Thursday condemned China as “shameless” after Beijing’s deputy ambassador to the United Nations thanked the world for its concern about a strong earthquake on the island.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/taiwan-condemns-shameless-china-accepting-worlds-concern-quake-2024-04-04/

3 Likes

Such a pain in the rear the way every single topic diverts to the same thing. Just making Uncle Rodger put his knee down from the chair… Haaaiiiii yaaaaaaa

2 Likes

Aftershocks are slowing down, “only 10” since 18:00 (just over 3 hours) with the highest being a 4.2 at 18:10. At least those living in Hualien might get some sleep tonight.

10 Likes

stop it

6 Likes

You spoke too soon

3 Likes

Wiggles!

1 Like

In Hualien now. You guys felt that one?

1 Like

Felt in Taipei

3 Likes