Earworms (Songs That Get stuck in Your Head)

For those of you unfortunate enough not to have been watching True Blood, the theme song (by Jace Everett) can drill into yer gray matter and stay there like a Ceti Eel…

MAKE IT STOP :fume: :fume: :fume: Where the flip did it come from?

This one used to get stuck in my head whenever I went wave-skiing in big surf and got dragged over rocks or lost my board. I nearly drowned to this song in cyclone waves and it just kept going round and round ‘wishing the undertow would stop’. There were no ipods in those days, it was pure mind-fuck.

Someone posted this song in another thread, and honestly, while I love you, whoever you are, I could also kill you, because my 2.5 year old demands this song be played four or five times a day.

What song has you earwormed? After listening to it so many times for so many days (three weeks now?), I can’t get it out of my head and find myself humming it! :noway:

I’m too sexy for my shirt.

That ATC song Around the World infected my ear for a long time a few years ago.

Now iv been able to tame earworms to last only a few days.

Current ear worm of the day , this one by Samingad, pretty haunting.

And finally tracked down this old (ancient) earworm. I listened to the mando version in Taiwan but tracked down the original japanese version. But Teresa was not the original japanese singer of this song though.

I got this song completely and utterly impregnated in my brain for the last 3 days.

Love the video though. Makes me cheer up everytime I see it. My 1-year old loves it as well.

I can still recall our last summer.
I can see it all.

My girl adores this song, and keeps humming it, so its now stuck between my ears

hello!

I’ve had Sophie Ellis-Bextor in my head for a few weeks now. Not the worst earworm I’ve had.

“I’m not giving up … I’m not giving up on us …”.

That Christmas thread got the drummer boy in my head, so I went and found out the west wing version which was superb and now its ta ra rum pum not just in my head, but also on my lips. My mom has told me to shut up (in not so many words) and well I’m being an idiot ta ra rum pum… :laughing:

Níu Kéo
Minh Thư

I know it is corny but -

I’m a sucker for Wong Faye (王菲) (and it has some of the Robin Guthrie guitars ala Cocteau but this isn’t her) but,… this song could be a great hit (although derivative and maybe it is a cover already?) for someone to really rip it out hard like grunge not pop.

Not so much for her voice but the song.

http://clip.vn/watch/Niu-keo-Minh-Thu,4KJ

The song the Cranberries didn’t do.

And yes, I know the Cranberries weren’t grunge. But this song was perfect for them, Wong Fei, nirvana or pearl.

For some reason I can’t get this song out of my head.

for tommy

Misery and Gin, Merle Haggard. If you’re open to American country and western music, then listen at your peril.

You have been warned.

this one stuck thanks to maoman. i like it a lot actually

Listen to plant the seed…

it’s been stuck in my head for years! :cry:

This is one of the greatest theme songs of all time and gets stuck in my head sometimes. If this song doesn’t creep you out, try listening to it at night alone in the house with the lights turned off.

It probably wouldn’t get stuck in your head, if you stopped listening to it at night alone in the house with the lights turned off. Do you feel the need to do this often? :slight_smile:

Lol :rofl: . I don’t do that because it would freak me out too much. You make it sound like something I would do with one hand on the MP3 player and the other hand…elsewhere :rofl: .