Eating at 7-Eleven

Right? I didn’t think it was possible! I wonder if that other guy who thinks McDonald’s and BK have good burgers has an opinion on the ones at 7-11?

1 Like

Maybe that was me? I genuinely do like BK, but I also like burgers that are fast food. Often higher-end burgers are simply too big for me: I enjoy the first half but then wind up feeling a bit crap the rest of the day. (I do think Hidden Burger, in Danshui, is excellent.)

I didn’t know 7-11 has burgers. I have no interest in trying them.

2 Likes

I don’t think it was you. Man, if a burger is too big you don’t have to eat it all. Half a good burger is better than all of a crap one. In the US there are several decent fast food burger chains, but McD’s and BK are bottom of the barrel by far even in that category. It’s a shame they are the only two that made it here.

7-11 “burgers” are in the refrigerated section, and they microwave them in the plastic bag. I’ve never tried them, either, but I did try their egg mcmuffin-ish sandwich out of desperation when there was no other breakfast food nearby. I regretted it.

1 Like

I am about as far away from taichung as one can get :slight_smile:

Edit:

Might have been mixing you with someone else.

I just had a chance to try the Japanese 7-Eleven ramen and, though I’m not a dedicated ramen fan like some folks, to my layman’s palate it was pretty good. The noodles in particular were surprisingly chewy in a good way, not mushy like you would expect. Note that the onions on top are not part of the original package, but were added after-the-fact.

And while we’re on the topic of Japanese 7-Eleven delicacies, here’s another one, a chicken lunchbox. It was about the same level as you might expect in a family restaurant, so entirely passable for convenience-store fare.

4 Likes

I miss Japan.

Guy

2 Likes

We have convenience stores in the UK? LOL, I didn’t know.

Sorry, y’all only have Costcutters.

Shouldnt you guys be proud of that?

Prices have gone up now ! Are you still here

I was only visiting Taiwan on vacation, so no, I’m not in Taiwan at the moment. Looking forward to the day when travel is again easily possible. In the meantime, I wouldn’t mind seeing more pictures of the 7-Eleven food available in Taiwan! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Family Mart Congee is good. I get it for every hangover. I also put chili sauce in it

1 Like

I will try to post some but I go to Family Mart more. Your in Japan?

I never got into congee, personally. To be honest, even seeing it on a menu, especially a picture menu, dramatically suppresses my appetite for any kind of food for a few seconds/minutes.

3 Likes

Basically Risotto. Some of the new fancy places that do Italian style and stuff have basically made it the same as Risotto

1 Like

Broke my heart.

2 Likes

So you’re not into starting a hiking day in the mountains with the hotel breakfast of congee, pork floss, and peanuts?

5 Likes

There are at least 4 things in that suggestion that sound undesirable. :sweat_smile:

The mountain scenery is pleasant though.

2 Likes

When I saw that the hotel included breakfast, I admit I didn’t imagine that my breakfast would turn out to be just a handful of peanuts.

EDIT: This would also be why I give a wry chuckle whenever someone tries to sell me on a hotel by saying “Hey, we’ll save money! It includes breakfast!”

1 Like