Eating habits

[quote=“Ecaps”]I have been dating a girl for quite some time and everything is splendid except for one thing.

She doesn’t chew with her mouth closed. I just can’t seem to breach the subject but it’s disgusting to no end. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to solve (or get over it)?

I absolutely hate the sound of chewing food.[/quote]
I had the same problem with my girlfriend. I just said “Do you have to eat so loudly? I am trying to listen to the TV.” As time went by and I complained again and again, she gradually stopped doing it. Unfortunately she is still a slob in many other ways…I was thinking of starting a “Girlfriend is a slob” thread.

I tell a lie. She is eating a bowl of cereal right now right next to my right ear. Suck suck slurp slurp. Yecch.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]I don’t
Sandman’s right that apparently it’s not considered rude here – parents don’t teach their children to close their mouths when chewing – but I’d bet that is changing as people acquire more education and exposure to Western ways.
[/quote]

Most of the Taiwanese people that I have asked about this tell me that it is bad manners but do it themselves. My gf does and and I told her that it bothers me. She still does it quite often and I occasionally remind her. It’s a hard habit to break when you have been doing it all your life I guess.

There are a set of table manners that we have in common with the locals I think. But the consistency at which those rules are followed are pretty lax.

It still gets to me when I am at a restaurant and some pig is chewing really loudly at the table beside me and I have been here for 7 years. I’ll never get used to it.

Sorry.

People that eat with their mouths open drive me freakin bonkers :rant: :rant: it is absolutely annoying and disgusting, especially if I am eating with them. I would just ask her why and tell her how you feel about it. i don’t think you should pussy foot around the subject.

I once had a girlfriend that would eat her french fries 3 bites per fry. It took her forever to eat a small McDonalds fry. I told her you are driving me fucking crazy with that, she replied, I know but its fun. :rant: :rant: So when I was with her I just avoided going to McD’s or any other place with fries.

My ex was a sight to behold when she ate chicken feet. All that would be left would be a very neat pile of small bones. And cake? Give her a layered cake? And she would carefully separate each layer of the cake before eating it.

I do that with Manner schnitten

It is so interesting to see guys saying bad things about their SO behind their back.

I enjoy this discussion.

Are other things that your SO did annoying you?

I don’t care when people eat with their mouth open unless they are making it really hideous, like showing me everything in the mouth back to their colon. Also talking with the mouth full is not so great. Otherwise I don’t care about slurping noises and so on.