/ed/, /t/ or /d/

Well, my only reason for wanting to learn it is to make things easier for the private students I have now and/or classes I may have in the future. Since I don’t have any plans on teaching English (professionally, as a career, or however you want to say it) outside of Taiwan, knowing a Taiwan-only phonetic system works for me.

In the past, I’ve always tried to get my students to understand a particular pronunciation by comparing it to sounds in other words… “That letter/letter group sounds like the same letter/group in the word ___” Ya know? However, that doesn’t always work. And, as I’ve said, I notice most people here know KK and seem to use it to aid in pronunciation.

I am not looking for it to be the be-all-end-all… just a help in getting across different sounds.

[quote]See this post and the whole thread for further information (the Karen Chung link is very interesting);
[Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … 221#128221](Should the use of K.K. be restricted? - #10 by Joesox

Thanks.