Eddy's Cantina Mexican Restaurant, Tianmu

Well i’ve heard from a few people that the pictures arent good so ive erased them and i’m looking into getting some nice photos done for the page. keep you guys posted. By the way just for your information This Sunday (Today) Eddy Burrito will close early (at about 6:00pm) because one of my best friends is leaving Taiwan for good and I dont know when I (if ever) will see him again. He’s the drummer for a foreign rock band called “Loaded” who plays their final show with him as the drummer tonight at the Shannon in Taipei from 8:00-12:00 midnight so if you guys have time check them out their really great and its a bummer for the band and also for Taiwan that he’s leaving. But you still have a chance to check em out final show, tonight (Sunday December 2nd) 8 to midnight, Shannon, “Loaded” final show. Check it out

I should of check this before going there tonight.

I was hungry, so I thought I would travel all the way to Danshui for some burritos. I got there at 6:30pm and they were still open. Only problem was they ran out of burrito stuff, next time I’ll phone ahead. I got 4 quesadillas instead and chatted with Eddy.

While I was disappointed that I couldn’t get a burrito, the quesadillas were freakin awesome. If you do decide to go there, make sure you’re are not starving as the freshly made food takes a while to cook, but it’s worth the wait. The only thing I would suggest is to not have the cheese so cold before making it. I had to let it sit before eating it, since the cold cheese and hot food didn’t mix too well. It melted after a few minutes anyways and was yummy. But when I’m hungry, I don’t like to wait.

Hopefully he will move closer to me, so I don’t have to go so far for some good Mexican. Everyone should go there and try it, but save a few burritos for me.

Here’s a picture I took of Eddy’s stand when I was up there:

I went on Sunday.

Oh, it was good.

Like I mentioned before I went to Danshui some time ago to pay Eddy a visite, Few days ago I was craving his food again but didn’t have the time to go. I remember a note on the website about delivery. So I gave him a call and asked him if the delivery was available. The next day I was at Seven Eleven picking up 5 burritos and 3 Quesadillas. Everything was frozen as Eddy said it would be, So I wasn’t too sure about the result after heating the stuff up. Well, what a great surprise, everything turned out to be great, I heated it in a mini oven at 250 for about 15 minutes.

If you are lazy or busy that s a great option for good food

I had to pay for delivery but still cheaoer then going to Danshui and back by MRT

Well…I’m sold. Next time I’m up in Taipei (January, likely), voy a comer alli.

I wish I could go now.

This is great! I just moved to Danshui, and I’m sure I’ll end up being a frequent visitor. I’d go today, except it’s Monday, darn it.

Too bad you can’t add authentic margaritas to the menu, because they sure don’t seem to exist at any of the bars here.

Just an update, we’re still working on putting time aside for getting pics done and they will be done asap. Thanks for all the comments everybody we really do appreciate the business. I would just like to re-state that we open at around 3:00pm and close at around 10:00pm. Hopefully we will be able to get there earlier in the near future but I just don’t want to dissapoint anyone who comes from far away and shows up at 2:00. Anyways any questions just give us a call 0919336444, 0922101148. Or email eddyburrito@gsasoccer.net. Hopefully in the future we can get a small place with seats, drinks and a bigger menu.

P.S. if anybody is coming from far away just give us a call and we’ll be sure to save you a burrito.

Thanx guys

Gracias a todos para venir y probar nuestra comida.

I dropped by your stand the other day at 2:30, because in a prior post you said, “We are open from Wednesday through Sunday and we try to be open for around 2 o’clock, a little earlier on Sundays.” No big deal that you weren’t open yet, as I do live in Danshui. I’ll just make sure next time I go on the days I get back home later than 3:00. Went by and chatted a bit with your wife last night, but already had plans with friends for a big dinner in Taipei so couldn’t try your burritos. :frowning: Next Wednesday is looking likely, though!

made a quick visit today while the inlaws went off for pickled tripe or something.

had a burrito while chatting with eddy and his wife. great taste and size for the price - so much so that i ordered another two combos (burrito and quesidilla) to go. the inlaws were happy to tuck into them after their less than impressive tripe.

eddy’s got a good thing going - get out there and support places like this.

Oh my…I went this evening with my friend, and we both got the combo burrito + quesadilla. Not only was it fun watching Eddy make the tortillas right there in front of us, but the taste was just incredible! How will I ever settle for tortillas from Florida Bakery again?? My friend ordered horchata, then realized she didn’t like it because it had cinnamon in it, so I drank it. First time I’ve had it, won’t be the last. :slight_smile: I think I’ll end up being one of Eddy’s frequent customers, and I’ll spread the word, hoping that in the future there will be a small cantina called Eddy’s serving even more great Mexican food.

Thanks, Eddy, for bringing authentic Mexican food to Danshui. Feliz Navidad!

Had a vegie burrito last Saturday. Very nice. I’ll go back for more next time I’m in the area.

My wife and I didn’t have lunch today, instead we waited until 2 pm to head out for Danshui and try the Mexican food. But when we got there, all we found was the sign … ‘closed for family reasons.’
We live just a couple of MRT stations away, so no big deal, but it was a real letdown, especially since I thoroughly dislike heading into Danshui on weekends.

[quote=“enzo+”]My wife and I didn’t have lunch today, instead we waited until 2 pm to head out for Danshui and try the Mexican food. But when we got there, all we found was the sign … ‘closed for family reasons.’
We live just a couple of MRT stations away, so no big deal, but it was a real letdown, especially since I thoroughly dislike heading into Danshui on weekends.[/quote]We’d like to apologize for the big letdown today and we’d just like to let you know that we were out of town (Miao Li)for a family wedding and that we are usually open on sundays. Actually this was our first Sunday ever that we closed. Furthermore if you’d like to try again please let us know and we will surely be there to serve you.

[quote=“Eddy_Burrito”][quote=“enzo+”]My wife and I didn’t have lunch today, instead we waited until 2 pm to head out for Danshui and try the Mexican food. But when we got there, all we found was the sign … ‘closed for family reasons.’
We live just a couple of MRT stations away, so no big deal, but it was a real letdown, especially since I thoroughly dislike heading into Danshui on weekends.[/quote]We’d like to apologize for the big letdown today and we’d just like to let you know that we were out of town (Miaoli)for a family wedding and that we are usually open on sundays. Actually this was our first Sunday ever that we closed. Furthermore if you’d like to try again please let us know and we will surely be there to serve you.[/quote]

Hey Eddy,
Since this is your thread, it’s also a good place to announce unscheduled closures, etc. Other restaurants do something like this in their own threads.
I’m dying to get up to Danshui to try your food, and I have to say I would be very disappointed if I made it all the way there only to find out you were closed, but hadn’t announced it here.
Just a suggestion of course.
Stu

Agreed - or perhaps post a cell phone number where you can be reached for such inquiries?

The cell phone numbers are on his website, the link to which is in the very first message in this thread.

The quesedillas were good. The burritos were outstanding. Very flavorful. Can’t wait for bigger digs and more menu items. You guys deserve to become a sensation!

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Eddy_Burrito”][quote=“enzo+”]My wife and I didn’t have lunch today, instead we waited until 2 pm to head out for Danshui and try the Mexican food. But when we got there, all we found was the sign … ‘closed for family reasons.’
We live just a couple of MRT stations away, so no big deal, but it was a real letdown, especially since I thoroughly dislike heading into Danshui on weekends.[/quote]We’d like to apologize for the big letdown today and we’d just like to let you know that we were out of town (Miaoli)for a family wedding and that we are usually open on sundays. Actually this was our first Sunday ever that we closed. Furthermore if you’d like to try again please let us know and we will surely be there to serve you.[/quote]

Hey Eddy,
Since this is your thread, it’s also a good place to announce unscheduled closures, etc. Other restaurants do something like this in their own threads.
I’m dying to get up to Danshui to try your food, and I have to say I would be very disappointed if I made it all the way there only to find out you were closed, but hadn’t announced it here.
Just a suggestion of course.
Stu[/quote]

Or maybe even consider hiring someone so that you’ll be open, once you get the business off the ground. It seems several people have gone there to eat only to find it closed. Not such a big deal for those who live in the area, but from my part of town it’s about an hour just to get there-a long way to make a special trip and find nothing but a vacated burrito stand.

I had the burrito and the quesodias… man these tortilla is like the best I ever had because I always had bad memory about those flour tortilla I get from taco bell or other supermarkets… These were like real crispy compared to the crap taco you get from taco bell. Hey Eddy you ever considered making some taco? Maybe some real nacho or enchalala…