Eddy's Cantina Mexican Restaurant, Tianmu

I stopped by there tonight for a burrito and quesadilla combo. Excellent food. Really fresh ingredients and good spicy sauces. Any plans for adding tacos to your menu? You should really expand your place. Sell some Pacifico beer etc.

Anyways, great grub. I’ll be back for sure. :bravo:

I had just been thinking about places to take the folks when they need some comfort food during their upcoming visit. Since we’ll be visiting Danshui anyway, this may be the place.

They’ll like it. However, order more than one combo. I should have ordered two or three combos. They were so good, the flavour remained in my mouth for some time and made me hungry for them again.

It would be nice if its an actual restraunt but then the prices will probably go way up to pay for the expenses…

Hi everyone, I live in Taoyuan, but when I go to Taipei, I will stop by Eddy’s, his burritos are something you cant miss, Im Mexican too, I know what a good burrito and quesadilla should taste like, Eddy is the man for Mexican food in Taipei. Keep up the good work amigo! Te veo pronto en Tamshui, quiero comer tus burritos y hablar sobre las tortillas man!

Isa
Mexico Sabroso Chef

So is this place quiet and cozy, suitable for a Weiya? AEeem…guess not, just had a look at the website… :bravo:

Hey guys this is Eddy thanx for all the great reviews and also thanx for coming all the way out here to try out our food it means a lot to us. I just wanna say a quick hello and let you guys know that after months of searching and calling importers etc. we finally found masa harina! (corn flour). What this means to you is that very soon you will be able to enjoy not only have made flour tortillas but hand made corn tortillas as well! With this we will finally be able to introduce real tacos made with fresh tortillas which is basically only enjoyed in Mexico, some parts of the U.S. or mexican imigrant households (mom’s house). These tortillas are the first thing I eat when i go back to Mexico so im pretty excited to offer this to you here in Taiwan. It will take some time to get on the menu however because we are still figuring out the best way to presnt this to the public via packageing etc. In addition to the new tortillas we will also introduce another meat into the mix so in short our menu will be expanding very soon. We appreciate your patience and your support but im just so excited to have offer this product here in Taiwan. As soon as its available i will post again. Thanx again

P.S. i was interviewed by Radio Taiwan Internacional (RTI) last week and its up on their website for anybody who wants to listen. spanish.rti.org.tw just scroll down to the Eddy Burrito sign and check it out.

P.P.S. We would like to move into a place sometime mid-yearish so that we can have tables and stuff like that and of course more drinks. Sorry bout the wei-ya buddy maybe next year. Thanx

Been waiting for this…

I keep wanting to go but I figured you guys were closed for new years…

I wish you open for lunchtime because that’s like the only time I have food cravings. By dinner I was either sleeping or full…

Please look for a place closer to/within Taipei city if you can. As for drinks, please get Negra Modello, the best Mexican beer imho.

I was badly in need of a Mexican food fix tonight, so I stopped by Eddy’s stand after work. I bought four combinations to bring home to the family.

After the first bite we inhaled them, they were so good.

The food is fresh and has just the right combination of ingredients. The portion size is generous; my daughter and wife were full after a quesadilla, and I was stuffed after eating a burrito and a quesadilla (and I’m not lightweight). I also found Eddy’s fare to be quite healthy–fresh beans and rice, stewed chicken, a bit of cheese, sauces and a tortilla for the burrito.

The food is made by hand as you wait, and you’ll enjoy the wait, as Eddy and his wife Jo are both very personable.

Total cost for four full meals? NT$540. Incredible.

If you’ve got a craving for some Mexican food, get yourself to Danshui Lao Jie, pick up a combination for each person in your party, and stroll over to the nearby waterfront to relax and enjoy some damned good food.

Hey guys this is Eddy just a quick update to let to guys know that we have been working hard to get our website re-done and its finally finished with pics and a short video about our food. It was done by Ping Pong Studios Taiwan so please check it out and let us know what you think. www.eddyburrito.com revamped!

Great video! I love the traditional version of La Bamba you put in there.

Congrats Eddy, You are probably the first really authentic Mexican food place from all the comments given. I think you will be very successful !!

And a lot of Asians from Singapore,Malaysia, etc visit Tanshui, so soon you will be written up about in blogs in those countries I am sure !!

You could expand all over Taiwan and perhaps even to Singapore, etc?

I just went to visit Eddy, he is got the best hand tortillas, Ive had in Taiwan, the only hand made that I know of, also his horchata water has the authentic flavor that you can only get in Mexico, keep it up amigo!

I live in Keelung and don’t go to Taipei often.

However, I emailed and rang Eddy, placed an order for 10 burritos, payment via ATM transfer, home delivered by the 7-11 courier, pre-frozen and well packed.

Great service, easy to buy if you don’t live close to his stall.

Awesome taste!

I’m happy that I never have to work my way through the frozen Costco ‘burritos’ again!

I forgot to mention that I did a trip up to Dansuai for the purpose of going to Eddy’s.
I wasn’t disappointed.
I tried everything on the menu, it was tasty, flavorful, fresh and cheap.
Well worth checking out.
And Eddy was a super nice guy to chat with as well.
Afterwards we went to Donovan’s for the Irish coffee.
Both places are close to each other and well worth going to if you make a trip up there.

I had a few special requests for my second order (no rice, and beef instead of chicken). Eddy had no problem customizing everything to my taste.

I just received everything via courier and it is perfect!

I hope these things are not fattening, 'cause they are addictive!

[quote=“jands”]I had a few special requests (no rice, and beef instead of chicken). Eddy had no problem customizing everything to my taste.

I just received everything via courier and it is perfect!

I hope these things are not fattening, 'cause they are addictive![/quote]

That sounds great. How much is the cost to courier to a local 7-11? Also, how did you do it? Just place your order with Eddie and let him know the address of the 7-11 to send it to?

I emailed my order to Eddy (with a text message notification on his phone, in case he is too busy to check his emails). He has my home address, and they delivered to my front door.

My first order was delivered around 10AM, my second order was delivered on Saturday at 5PM. I am not sure if you can specify a delivery time. My courier costs were NT150.

I paid for it via direct transfer from the ATM to his bank account.

Thanks for the props guys, and yes 7-11 will ship anywhere in Taiwan for 150nt and as the order gets huge the shipping goes up slowly. Also a few other things to mention is the price goes up 5 or 6 nt per item because of the packaging but everything is packaged individually and pretty nicely with the sauces being packaged in small plastic ziploc bags. Also if you guys have any questions please email me at eddy_burrito@gsasoccer.net. Lastly, Prince Roy came to review our food and put up a nice post on his website. Please check it out: www.princeroy.org Thanks a lot guys - will post with new info soon.