Eddy's Cantina Mexican Restaurant, Tianmu

Please post your hours correctly. You are not open on Tuesday. My wife went there because you were supposed to be open on Tuesday. The hours posted show this but then found out you were not. Do not think she is going to go all the way from Taipei City to see you again.

His posted hours are:
Weekday Hours 週一至週五: 11:30 - 14:30, 16:30 - 22:00
Weekend Hours 週末: 11:30 - 22:00 (straight through)

What time did your wife go there on a Tuesday? Was it between the 2:30-4:30 shutdown?

Is this place called “Eddy’s Cantina”? She went there on Tuesday at 1 PM. Knocked on the door because they were closed. She phoned a number and the woman said they were closed.

SRS;

Thanks for your response with clarification. Hopefully Eddy will chime in with details.

For me, Eddy and Jo are a huge benefit to life since they opened in Taiwan. I think you would do yourself a disservice by not trying them out yourself.

Hello, Eddy here. Sorry for the late reply. My Cpu has been down for a while and “somebody” seems to have done some kinda hack job on my website so i can update it. Im working on it with yahoo. I am sorry about the misunderstanding on tuesday but yes we have decided to close on tuesdays untill further notice. The reason being internal staff issues. Its a little personal to post online however the jist of it is that my wife and I are off on tuesdays and our trusted tuesday staff member is no longer with us. Its was a huge ongoing drama for a long time but ill save you the details. I’d hate to lose a valued customer because of this so i’f you’d email me personally i’ll definately work it out with you. sorry for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon. Eddy looking forward to hearing from you srs.

P.S. new stuff coming soon.

Since its way out in Danshui, I’ll probably call ahead. Takes five seconds, and bothers no one.

Ditto. If you’re traveling a long distance, it’s silly not to call ahead; after all, even if they’re open, they might be completely booked (as happened to us with el bayou’s restaurant in Gaoxiong). Hours change, and small businesses (including restaurants) sometimes need to take a day off for something. No point in getting upset about it. :idunno:

Exactly.

Took the day off this week and had an excellent lunch with extra to take home to eat later. My favorite is still the carnitas taco but everything I’ve had has been delicious. Plus the service and friendliness are outstanding additions to good food.

They also have Rogue American Amber Ale and Dead Guy Ale.

Keep it up Eddy and Jo. :thumbsup:

good know about the tuesdays…

i’ve updated my blog, so let us know if you’ll open again 7 days a week and i’ll change the info again.

[quote=“hungryintaipei”]good know about the tuesdays…

i’ve updated my blog, so let us know if you’ll open again 7 days a week and i’ll change the info again.[/quote]Hungry Girl in Taipei… Let me know when your comming again please. I really want to buy you a meal and a beer cuz you’re blog has been so good to us!!! You have singlehandedly sent us at least 20+ people that we know of who have specifically said “I saw you on Hungry girls blog” So the next time you have a chance i’ll def buy you a meal. But you gotta let me know thanx

Eddy

[quote=“Eddy_Burrito”][quote=“hungryintaipei”]good know about the tuesdays…

I’ve updated my blog, so let us know if you’ll open again 7 days a week and I’ll change the info again.[/quote]Hungry Girl in Taipei… Let me know when your comming again please. I really want to buy you a meal and a beer cuz you’re blog has been so good to us!!! You have singlehandedly sent us at least 20+ people that we know of who have specifically said “I saw you on Hungry girls blog” So the next time you have a chance I’ll def buy you a meal. But you gotta let me know thanx

Eddy[/quote]

Hi Eddy,

Thanks so much, that’s really kind of you. And I’m really happy to hear that the blog is bringing some new customers in your direction. I haven’t had the chance to get out there as much as I’d like since it’s a bit far for me, but I’ll let you know if I stop by again. :slight_smile:

btw- if any customers are mentioning the blog this month, be sure to tell them to vote for you on the Best of Taipei Readers’ Choice poll on my site! :slight_smile:

Twas the night before Xmas and all through the house… Eddy was handmaking empanadas but not for a mouse. Ok my poetry sucks but we have/are preparing fresh handmade beef, empanadas stuffed with seasoned beef, carrots, onions, garlic and potatoes for our xmas dinner. They are a lot of work to make one by one so hopefully you will all enjoy them. We are taking reservations for Xmas 24th and the 25th. We will be serving and empanada dinner for those two days only. The meal includes 2 handmade beef or veggie empanadas with grilled bell peppers rice salad and refillable homemade sangria for 500nt! As most of you know, seating is super limited so please call us and/or reserve asap we still have some seating left… Also just in as a last minute addition to xmas is the Rogue beer that is only served for the month of december, “Santa’s Private reserve ale!” The 2009 International ALe Champ! However the brew is a super limited edition so get it while you can cuz when its gone its gone. Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad from all of us at Eddy’s Cantina!

Was there last night with the wifey. Empanadas were delicious! Spicy, meaty, and flavorful - I’m suprised more people in the packed house weren’t ordering it since it’s only available for 2 days.

Thanx for comming man, those empanadas were/are definitely a lot of work and we did try to push them a lot, anyone who ordered them was pretty happy with them. We’ll see how today goes for empanadas. Thanx for comming merry christmas.

Eddy

Mrs Taffy and I dropped in to Eddy’s place today on the (long way) back from Jilong. We were both impressed with the quality (and quantity) of the food - we’ll be back to Danshui before too long for this place alone. The bill at the end was a pleasant surprise too. A thumbs up for a “foreign” restaurant in Taiwan is hard to come by where my old lady is concerned, so well done to Eddy and his crew.

Well, if you have any leftover Empanadas I’ll but them frozen off of you, like how you used to send your Burritos to those not living in Taipei.

Sorry for the delay but its been kinda crazy over the last little while. Actually not many people know this but we still do the frozen delivery to anywhere on the island. I am currently working on the pricing for shipping and delivery pricing. We will open up online selling very soon via Yahoo asap. However anybody interested can email me personally via forumosa or to my personal email addy : gsa_soccer@yahoo.com. And after being asked time and time again we are currently working on corporate pricing. What this means is that people anywhere in Taiwan can enjoy Eddy’s handmade Mexican food. Also when the corporate pricing is sorted people all over Taiwan will be able to buy and sell Eddy’s traditionally made food. Will keep you posted

Thanx
Eddy

Attention: Eddy’s Cantina will be closed from from April 19th to April 21st for personal reasons. We will resume business business on April 22nd at Lunch time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanx Eddy

Hi Eddy,

I saw on your website that you will be showing the worldcup!!!
Thats great! I will definitely show up for a few matches…

One question: Will you also show the Champions League Final on May 22…?
I am too lazy to drive all into Taipei to the Tavern or similar to watch that, and would be happy if some Bar/Restaurant in Danshui is showing it…

Cheers,
Mr. Rice