"EDEN" for Thai construction workers

Leave your sunny beach house in Thailand and visit Beautiful Formosa.
Sunny Kaosiung, a workers paradise the man said…
Work a plenty here for you.
Listen to the birds singing as you are gently woken up from your 4 hour slumber with a cattle prod !
As you relax in your dog kennel dream about the tokens the kind man gives you every month and all the money your are saving. The man is so generous he helps you save by helping you stop drinking and smoking or, God forbid, fornicating.
No wasting money calling home. No phones work here man says. He post letter for you in that strange looking postbox in the road. Drains look like that back home, but , no, Laoban says, all post goes in here.
You work as many hours you like easy work soon get used to the cattle prod. In three years save enough for ticket home.
So friendly these Taiwanese. We give them same welcome when they visit us.

HUMAN RIGHTS- WHERE ?

Actually, now that you mention it, He does. :wink:

Actually, now that you mention it, He does. :wink:[/quote]But only with your Neighbour’s ass.

It’s not much better if you’re a Chinese dissident escaping Chinese oppression: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4153594.stm Taiwan’s “human rights” makes the international news again :bravo:

But now we have Annette “Hunchback” Lu in charge of some new human rights commission, so nothing to fear! Taiwan will become a utopia of human rights in no time! :laughing:

tongue planted firmly in cheek

Huh? I don’t get it.

Huh? I don’t get it.[/quote]
She’s developing a pronounced stoop as she gets older.

I laughed out loud when I saw the this advert on CNN- Visit Taiwan, Beyond your expectations.

Yes I thought it was beyond expectations for the Thai construction workers in Kaoshiung.
The advert, strangely, forgot to mention the cattle prod !
I bet the poor Thai workers laugh at that one. Silly me, of course they aren’t allowed a TV. Unless Annette Lu has granted them one.

SATIRE IS NOT DEAD :notworthy: