Edgar Allen 1000 posts thread

I nearly posted this in Living in Taiwan as forumosa is such an important part of living here, then I thought maybe culture and history as it is obvioulsy an historic occasion but I figured the mods would probably temp me anyway, so here we are in the Open forum.

Yes I waited overnight to see whether any posts would disappear from the temp forum (remember the trouble Tash had?) and am confident that this is post number 1000.

Statistically I am still just outside the top 1% of Forumosa posters but I have reached this giddy landmark in my life after less than 6 months. Has any other poster beaten this? I notice the likes of Sandman (F.Coms current most prolific poster) have 5000+ posts but have done so over a long period of time.

What are the other landmarks I should head for? I definitely want that “posting like Shakespeare” tag at some point, just because its cool. Maybe I’ll get there within my first 12 months. Watch this space.

Um, you know…1000 posts in six months isn’t exactly something to be proud of. You should go into hiding for a few months now to get your average daily post count down.

Errr…I think most people average under two posts a day. I’m serious. There were a few posters with a few thousand posts in less than a year but I don’t see them anymore. I think they’re in hiding.

Just wait 'till they do a post-recount-update thingy.
You’ll lose a few hundred posts.

Thanks Josefus. I at least I can come back and post here again when they do.

914 what do you mean not proud? Tash is/was my role model. Now I am supposed to resign and stalk everyone I have met at HHs etc right?

you’re bound to burn out…it gets to us all…one day you’re posting every 5 mins; the next day your fingers feel like lead and even AC dropout fails to provoke a reaction…

I’m sure it’ll happen but I plan to make the top 1% first. I have the drive, I have the drive, I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,I have the drive,etc.

No kidding. Do it in three months and you in like flynn. :smiley: